Roles And Responsibilities
Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change-makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 90 million combined readership and participants, it is Asia’s largest solution-focused platform.
Besides being an impact based platform we are also focused on how we do it. Technology plays an integral role in helping us achieve our aim. The Better India is on a mission to reach out to millions of positive change-makers through our apps and products.
What we are looking for:-
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer. As a Sr DevOps engineer, you’ll be part of the team building the TBI app and DTC platform to help scale the infrastructure to handle massive TBI readership.
Get to know the Role:
- Develop scalable and highly-performant distributed systems with everything this entails (availability, observability, resiliency).
- Understand end-to-end architecture for development, deployment, testing, monitoring and support on AWS platform.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence using different methods of automation.
- Extend Stream platforms.
- Be the specialist on AWS/Docker/Kubernetes.
- Facilitate monitoring and keeping services healthy and responsible for uptime.
- Lead DevOps tools and product platform engineering.
- Most importantly have fun while learning.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and running large scale infrastructure.
- Good understanding of networking and security and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment including AWS networking services such as VPCs, ELBs, Routers, Security Groups, and IAM roles.
- Strong skills in at least one or more scripting languages; Python, Go, or Shell.
- Passionate about the cloud, enjoy challenges and maintain up-to-date knowledge of available and emerging technologies.
- Experience with using tools like Git/GitHub/BitBucket, SVN etc and knowledge of SCM concepts.
- Strong skills in at least one or more automation tools; Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible
- Strong background of streaming architecture and Apache Kafka clusters.
- Strong knowledge in Kubernetes, AWS ECS or other cluster management software
- Strong understanding of CI/CD process
- Able to work, setup, and maintain logging and monitoring tools such as stated, ELK stack, Cloudwatch alerts, Prometheus/Grafana or equivalent.
- Experience dealing with highly scalable and high availability environments (4 nines)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.