Careers at TBI
Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
Positive impact through Content, Community and Commerce
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. We are doing this with the power of the Internet, technology, and community. Our award-winning content is read and watched by some of the biggest names in media, entertainment, industry, and government, not to mention millions of citizens every day.
Ready for change?
Here’s a list of our currently open positions. If you are ready, say hello.
Every company promises to change the world.
Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change-makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solution-focused platform.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Sub Editor to join our editorial team.
As a Sub Editor at The Better India, Bangalore, you will
· Edit copies, rewrite them, make every story written by a writer a delight to read. · Proofread, fact check, and take responsibility for the quality of content on the website, delivering on time and with perfection.
· Train writers in improved writing techniques.
· Manage a team of copy editors and sub-editors; train them in improving speed, accuracy and readability.
· Research and introduce new content strategies that are meaningful and can help TBI tap into newer audiences, increase loyalty among current readers and engagement of the platform. · Create systems, processes, style guides, etc. to improve the overall functioning of the editorial team.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Our ideal colleague will be
· Someone with graduation/post-graduation in mass communication/journalism and at least 2 o 5 years of experience in editing and publishing digital content.
· Highly capable of editing articles created by the team with deadlines and ensuring error-free copies.
· An individual with a million story ideas that you'd like to bring to the world. · Someone who cares deeply for the environment, the state of education, the downtrodden, farmers, history, the arts - just about everything!
· Someone who very actively consumes content on the internet has used online content management systems like WordPress, and is social media savvy