Every company promises to change the world. Join one that actually does it.
How do we do it?
The first step to changing the world is changing hearts and minds. The stories of people who are leading by example are moving millions to action. The Better India (www.thebetterindia.com) was started to give a voice to millions of change makers and innovators of the country, using the power of storytelling to inspire change. With over 60 million readers and participants, it is Asia’s largest solutions-focused platform.
Our latest venture is The Better Home - a DTC subscription box of eco-friendly, natural Home Cleaners made by MSMEs across the country. This foray is to further our movement to drive conscious consumption by empowering MSMEs to scale on one end and empowering customers to make better choices that positively impact our environment and communities, on another.
Job Description - Head of Growth
Working directly with the CEO, this role will own the flow of customers in and out of The Better Home, focusing on brand awareness, customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and referral. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, design, analytics, product management, operations, and marketing to design and execute growth initiatives.
1. Communication / Positioning Strategies
a. Testing different kinds of campaigns, brand communication strategies, promotions, discounts and offers to understand what is working and what isn’t, and iterating to optimize it
i. Metric: Organic Traffic, Social Media Following (Brand love)
2. Performance Marketing Strategies
a. Identifying avenues and channels where the performance is good and bad, using data to understand why, experimenting with the positioning, audiences, communication to achieve desired Traffic & CAC
i. Metric: CAC
a. Improving the customer journey, product and offering in order to achieve the desired conversion rates. A/B Testing to see what products to push out first, how to structure the journey
i. Metric: Conversion Rate
a. How to keep the existing customers and community-engaged and retained through various incentives, promotions and offers
i. Metric: Retention Rate
a. Identifying different channels to sell on and different target groups to approach in order to achieve revenue targets
i. Metric: Total No. of Orders / Total Revenue
Our Ideal Colleague will
· Be comfortable being thrown into largely ambiguous environments, love figuring things out and be energized by new challenges
· Be curious, analytical and scientific - evaluate challenges through data and feel an experiment must have measurable results to be worthwhile
· Have a need for speed – As a young brand, we crave results as quickly as possible and prefer to improve iteratively as opposed to placing big, long-term bets.
· Have excellent communication and people management skills – You need to consistently generate buy-in on your initiatives and ensure coordination across teams
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
· 10-13 years of experience in the eCommerce / online space and 5-8 years in a senior growth and marketing role of growing a digital-first brand from scratch
· Deep understanding and expertise in digital marketing i.e in Ad words, GDN, Facebook advertising, Instagram advertising, YouTube advertising, affiliate marketing, retargeting networks, web tracking and attribution
· Expertise in working with performance marketing tools such as Google Analytics, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Hubspot and/or their equivalent
· Strong analytical mindset and belief in data-driven decision making. This will entail experience in working with and deciphering large data sets to make strategic decisions i.e database management systems and data visualization software, like MySQL and Tableau
· Thorough knowledge of emerging technologies across the digital space and passion to keep up with the latest trends in digital and performance marketing
· Passion to work in entrepreneurial set-ups, creating/ managing a business, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and working in a constantly evolving business environment
· Design UX/UI knowledge (through courses, degrees, work experience or just tinkering)
· An MBA or substantial experience in entrepreneurship – Understanding the intricacies of building a business