New Year calls for a new journey towards self-love
Ayurvedic, natural, chemical free, safe, plastic free and vegan. This new year, bring home Reetha Shampoo Bar to celebrate healthy & safe living.
Reetha Shampoo Bar is formulated with the goodness of hair strengthening & softening herbs like reetha, coconut milk, aloevera, bhringraj, rosemary, amla, hibiscus flower, methi, brahmi & neem. The shampoo bar is suitable for dry & curly hair. The soap is completely handmade. Thus it is gentle, mild, safe & a superior choice for skin & hair care.
Know the Product :
Glycerine is a natural by-product of soap making process. It attracts moisture & is thus a great skin & hair softner. Earthy Sapo’s handmade natural soaps are made the traditional way, that not just retain the glycerine completely, they are also free from any preservatives or synthetic ingredients. This makes Earthy Sapo’s soaps gentle, mild, safe & a superior choice for skin & hair care.
Nt wt: 100 g
The soap is completely handmade. Its weight/size/appearance may vary slightly from batch to batch
Fragrance: Mild tea tree essential oil
Directions for use :
- Mildly oil your hair.
- Rub wet bar on wet hair in one direction from roots to ends to work out a rich lather with the help of little water.
- Massage well and leave on for few minutes.
- Re-massage and rinse with water.
- If needed, follow-up with Earthy Sapo’s hair conditioner. (For detailed instructions, refer, leaflet inside).
What is unique about the product? Why should one buy it?
- Ayurvedic hair cleanser for dry scalp & hair
- Handcrafted as per traditional cold process soap making method. No readymade bases are used.
- Incorporates several hair loving herbs & natural ingredients like reetha, aloevera, coconut milk, methi, bhringraj, amla, etc
- Natural & free from chemicals, preservatives, synthetics, SLS/SLeS, parabens, artificial hardeners, artificial lathering agents, synthetic colourants, synthetic fragrances etc
- Plastic free packaging
- Can be converted into liquid for ease of application
- Non-medicated personal care product safe for prolonged use
- Vegan & not tested on animals
MRP: ₹ 275.00 Inclusive of all taxes
About Earthy Sapo
Earthy Sapo is a personal & home care brand that offers natural, chemical-free & preservative-free vegan products. We are based out of Hyderabad, India, and are a licensed producer under the Department of AYUSH, Government of India.
Each of Earthy Sapo’s products has been uniquely formulated & is free from chemicals, preservatives, ready-made bases, synthetic colourants,or fragrances. Our products are handcrafted, the traditional way, from start to finish. We offer products in the bath, body, hair & home care categories.
How to store the bar? What is its shelf life?
The bar needs to be stored in cool and dry conditions with adequate ventilation. The shelf life of our shampoo bars is 24 months from manufacture subject to proper storage. However, as we do not add any preservatives or artificial stabilisers, and have plastic free packaging, we recommend that you use the bar at the earliest as the changes in the weather conditions can impact the form of the bar.
What to expect in initial uses?
After having used chemical laden & detergent-like shampoos for years, it will take time to get used to shampoo bars and witness positive changes. Please exercise patience and trust the nature
Are there any side effects to using the Shampoo Bar?
There are no side effects to using the bar. However, please read the ingredients and avoid the bar in case of any known allergies to any of the ingredients.
How many washes does the bar last?
As the usage of the bar is not dosage based, it would be difficult to quantify the number of washes each bar would last. The consumption of the bar depends upon the hair length, quality of water, hair thickness, method of application etc.
Can Reetha Shampoo Bar cure hairfall/ dandruff etc?
Dandruff/hair fall/ premature greying of hair, are manifestations of causes that are both internal and external to our body. While lifestyle related issues like sleep, stress, diet, etc, are internal causes, the products that we apply externally (commercial shampoos, serums, conditioners, straighteners, etc) are external causes. Our shampoo bars help deal with external causes quite effectively. However, for a cure, a holistic approach to health needs to be adopted both internally and externally. We do not make any medical claims for our products as they can address only external factors.
When do you suggest we make a liquid out of the bar and use it?
Converting the bar into liquid and using can be helpful in the following instances -
- If you have weak hair / hair fall problem as hair can get entangled in the bar
- If you have thick or long hair
- For first timers as its easier to apply and thus get used to natural shampoos
- In humid conditions when it’s difficult to keep the bar dry and firm.
My hair has become waxy/oily, why?
Reason for waxiness/oiliness in hair after using the shampoo bar is-
- Excessive oiling of hair before using the shampoo bar. Please mildly oil the hair as our shampoo bar is a gentle hair cleanser and not detergent like the commercial shampoos. It might require several applications to remove excessive oil.
- Not building enough lather after applying the shampoo bar — it is important to build lather after applying the shampoo bar (This can happen only with help of water) to facilitate easy massaging to remove the oil. If this is not done, then the oil does not get removed and hair feels waxy.
- Rinsing shampoo before adequate massaging — if you rinse the shampoo off without sufficient massaging, the oil doesn’t get washed away, causing hair to feel waxy
Why did my hair become frizzy or fall after using the bar?
The shampoo bar does not cause frizz or hair loss. It’s the friction caused by incorrect application that can cause frizz or hair loss. To avoid friction-
- Apply the wet bar on wet hair in one direction only and not back and forth. This not only prevents friction but also chances of hair entangling into the bar
- Consider converting the bar into liquid and applying to avoid friction
Dos & Donts
- Mildly oil hair
- Apply the shampoo bar only in one direction, from roots to ends
- After applying the shampoo bar, build lather first with the help of little water
- Massage hair only when sufficient lather has been built to avoid friction and hair breakage
- Apply excessive hair oil or not applying hair oil
- Applying the shampoo bar back & forth
- Applying just the lather on hair and not the wet shampoo bar
- Inadequate massaging
The Shampoo Bar is becoming soft/ melting, why?
Our shampoo bars are made following the traditional soap making process that retains glycerine, which is a by-product of soap making. Glycerine is a humectant that attracts moisture and keeps the skin hydrated and moisturised. As we do not add any artificial soap hardening agents, due to this glycerine, the soap starts to attract moisture from the surroundings and become soft in humid conditions. It is a very natural process and nothing to be worried about. We recommend you convert the bar into liquid in humid conditions, to avoid soap wastage
Do I need to use hair conditioner after using Reetha Shampoo Bar?
Hair conditioners help in conditioning the hair. The type and need for a hair conditioner post using our shampoo bars varies from individual to individual. However, in our experience, you are most likely to need a hair conditioner in the following circumstances-
- If you are a first time user of shampoo bars
- If you use hard water to wash your hair
- If you have inherently very dry hair