Indian Railways’ much-awaited Tejas Express is set to roll out in 2017. Ever since the new train was announced in last year’s railway budget, Indians have been waiting for this high-speed premier train. Positioned for business travellers who are looking for faster luxury transport options, Tejas Express coaches have been manufactured at Rail Coach Factory in Kapurthala. The routes the train will take will be announced soon.
Tejas Express was also in the news recently when it was announced that celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor will design the menu for the train’s catering service. According to a report in Business Standard, the Railway Ministry will finalise an agreement with Kapoor soon for a quality catering service.
Here are eight features of Tejas Express that make the train stand apart.
1. The high-speed Tejas Express will operate at a speed of 130 kmph.
Tejas Express High Speed Coaches fitted with LED TV’s Manufactured By Rail Coach Factory Kapurthala.
Posted by Mandeep Singh AhluWalia on Wednesday, September 21, 2016
2. Tejas coaches will have Executive Class and Chair Cars.
There will also be various onboard services like entertainment, local cuisine and WiFi.
3. The coaches will be equipped with no less than 22 new features including entertainment screens for each passenger with phone sockets.
The coached will also have LED boards for communicating safety instructions. This is the first time that Railways is fitting TV screens behind the seats.
4. Bio-vacuum toilets in the coaches will have water level indicators, tap sensors and hand dryers.
5. Tejas coaches will also have integrated braille displays, making them visually impaired-friendly.
6. The premier class train is also said to provide state-of-the-art facilities like tea and coffee vending machines, magazines and snack tables.
7. To ensure security, the train will be equipped with CCTV cameras as well as fire and smoke detection and suppression system.