The IITs are known as India’s most elite educational institutions, admitting only a small and extremely talented percentage of students every year. With 13 lakh students appearing for the JEE main (the first stage of the examination required to get into the IITs) this year, competition is tougher than ever.
Meet Aman Bansal, a Jaipur boy who didn’t just clear the JEE advanced (the second stage of the JEE), but also secured an All India Rank of 1!
Here are 5 interesting facts about this year’s topper:
- He followed a mantra of self belief and hard work while preparing for the exam. And his whopping score of 320 shows just how well it works.
- He wishes to pursue computer science from IIT Mumbai, which offers one of the best computer science courses in the country.
- He also cited participation in group discussions with fellow peers as one of the reasons for his success. This helped him develop a better understanding of the subjects he was studying.
- A student of the Allen Institute in Kota (a coaching college), he spent 5-6 hours everyday preparing for the exam.
- JEE advanced isn’t the only exam he’s done well in. He also qualified for the KVPY examinations, and did well in the physics, astronomy and chemistry Olympiads as well. He also scored an impressive 96.6% in his Class 12 examinations.
We wish Aman the very best for the future.