“There is a place Alwar in Rajasthan. There, someone called Im…“There is a place Alwar in Rajasthan. There, someone called Imran made 50 apps for mobile focussed on education””My India resides in Alwar’s Imran Khan,” says Narendra Modi at Wembley Stadium #ModiAtWembley
Posted by TIMES NOW on Friday, November 13, 2015
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “My India resides in people like Imran Khan,” in front of a crowd of 60,000 at London’s Wembley Stadium, millions around the world wondered who Imran Khan was.
We decided to find out who he was. And the more we found out, the more amazed we were.
Photo source: Youtube/ABP News
So here’s who Imran Khan is.
#MGChangemakers - Episode 2: THE 21-YEAR JOURNEY OF CHANGE | Driving India Into Future
Live Now #MGChangemakers Episode 2 : Touched by poverty, untouchability and atrocities against Musahar- the Mahadalit community of Bihar, Padma Shri Sudha Varghese decided to dedicate her life for their upliftment. Watch the video to learn about her inspirational journey & how she is ‘Driving India Into The Future’. #MGChangemakers powered by MG Motor India and supported by United Nations India. Show your support by donating now: http://bit.ly/Milap-MGChangemakersPosted by TheBetterIndia on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 34-year-old Imran Khan is a Mathematics teacher at a government school in Alwar district of Rajasthan.
- He is a self-taught web developer, who learnt programming through Google and books left behind by his brother when he was studying B.Tech. in Computer Science.
- He has created over 100 websites with this knowledge he gained, including one to answer general knowledge related questions (gktalks.com).
- This came to the notice of Ashutosh AT Padnekar, the Collector of Alwar, who then asked him to try his hand at making apps. Imran did not know what apps were and the collector showed it to him on his smartphone.
- Imran forayed into the world of app development with a science app for NCERT to help students of class 9, after which there was no turning back.
- This was back in 2012, and since then, in just 3 years, he has developed over 50 other educational apps.
- What’s more, he donates his apps for free to all students, in order to make them accessible to all.
- One of his apps, ‘General Science’, has over 500,000 downloads so far and answers various questions related to science in Hindi.
- He has created apps in various subjects like History, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, English, and more.
Thank you PM Modi for introducing us to this selfless man and his incredible work.
Download his apps from Google Playstore here.