How Should School Students Apply for ISRO’s Young Scientist Programme
ISRO has announced YUVIKA, a 12-day programme to encourage young students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math. Check your eligibility and how to apply here.
To impart basic knowledge about space technology and science to the youth with a budding interest in the fields, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is organising the YUva VIgyani KAryakram (YUVIKA) programme for school students.
The programme is aimed at encouraging students to pursue careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
'It Was My Mom's Wish': Woman Never Says No to Shelter Disabled & Abandoned Dogs at This Home
Sarah Iyer, the founder of Chennai-based Madras Animal Rescue Society, and her husband Gerry run a shelter for 340 paraplegic, disabled and abandoned dogs near Mahabalipuram. They need your help to keep this shelter running.Read more >
The programme also called Young Scientist Programme will be organised at seven centres of ISRO including Dehradun, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Shillong, and Sriharikota.
Things to know
- It is a 12-day programme that will be conducted from 15 to 26 May 2023.
- Students must be in Class 9 as on 1 January 2023.
- The selection is based on the marks obtained by the students in Class 8 or the last conducted exam, performance in an online quiz, participation in a science fair, rank in the olympiad, etc.
How to apply
- Applications have to be submitted online.
- Click here to register for the programme.
- Verify your email as received after a successful registration.
- Participate in SpaceQuiz. Read Quiz guidelines carefully before appearing for the quiz.
- Fill in your personal profile and education details.
- Upload necessary documents and submit.
- Registration for the programme started on 20 March 2023.
- The last date to apply is 3 April 2023.
Edited by Divya Sethu
This story made me
Tell Us More
Born Out of a Mom's Mission To Build a Toxin-Free Home, This Brand Earns Her Rs 3 Crore/Month
Simran Khara founded ‘Koparo Clean’, driven by a need for toxin-free home cleaners after recognising harmful chemicals in conventional products. Started just three years ago, the brand received a Rs 70 lakh investment on Shark Tank Season 3, and clocks a monthly revenue of Rs 3 crore.Read more >