The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is inviting applications for NASA Space Apps 2022 Challenge — a two-day hackathon managed by the Earth Science Division of NASA.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the ISRO – NASA Space Apps 2022 Challenge. The event that started in 2012 is a two-day hackathon in which participants create teams and use Earth observation data to develop solutions to current issues bothering the world.
The event aims at raising awareness about the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s open data and encourages youngsters in the field of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering And Mathematics). It is managed by the Earth Science Division, Science Mission Directorate of NASA.
IIT-Bombay Announces Job Vacancies For Graduates; Salaries Upto Rs 81100 Per Month
IIT-Bombay has announced vacancies for the post of junior administrative assistant. Read on for details on the application process, salaries, eligibility and more.Read more >
Things to know:
- Coders, entrepreneurs, scientists, designers, storytellers, makers, builders, artists and technologists can apply for the challenge.
- People of all ages, skill levels and professional backgrounds can apply.
- An interest in exploring the planet using science and technology, creativity and a desire to learn are the only mandates for applying.
- The event will be conducted virtually.
- Other than ISRO, space agencies of Australia, Brazil, Canada, Japan, Argentina, Bahrain, Paraguay and South Africa are partners for this event.
- The event is organised in collaboration with Booz Allen Hamilton, Mindgrub, SecondMuse and the NASA Open Innovation Applied Sciences Program.
- After the hackathon, project submissions are judged by space agency experts and winners are selected for one of 10 global awards.
- This year’s event theme is ‘The Power of Ten’ which connects to the 10th year of the programme.
- Full challenge statements and resources will be posted by mid-September on the official website.
- The announcement of the winners will be made between October to December.
How to apply:
- Create a Space Apps account on the sign up page (which will be open from 15 July 2022).
- Choose one of the locations and click ‘register now’.
- The selection must be based on the location of your preference which can easily connect the teammates.
- It is better to register at least 2 to 3 weeks before the hackathon to get into the chat rooms with teammates.
- Once the registration is done, form a team to work on a project.
- For more details on team formation, selection of location and project, go through the official website.
- Date of opening of registration – 15 July 2022
- Last date of registration is till the day of the hackathon (October 3 2022).
- Date of the event – 2, 3 October 2022.
In case of queries, write to email@example.com.
UPSC is Hiring Consultants: Check Eligibility & How to Apply for Job Vacancies
UPSC Recruitment 2023: Union Public Service Commission is hiring for the position of Consultant. Get details on eligibility criteria, pay scale and last date to apply.Read more >