Case in Point: Hemp
Claim: Hemp is the next big thing that must replace cotton
What we found out:
- An ancient crop still grown across the world, hemp requires just 20 per cent of the water that cotton takes to grow. The water-intensive cotton drinks about 75 lakh litre water per hectare.
- Much like cotton, hemp plants too can be woven into comfortable, soft fabrics that are in fact, sturdier than their cotton counterparts.
- What’s more, the same plant can be used to make hair oil, nutrition powder, soaps, lip balms and body butter.
- Rich in protein, amino acids, fibre, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and Vitamin E, hemp seeds and their powder is a perfect diet supplement for vegetarians and vegans.
- The nutrients found in hemp aid in improving skin texture, reducing inflammation in the body, keeping the heart healthy as well as in relieving rheumatoid arthritis!
Cutting to the chase
We must explore the benefits of growing hemp and increase its cultivation in a country like India which experiences water scarcity frequently.
Here’s a range of hemp products that you can use to look stylish, have great skin and boost hair health!
Is winter chapping your lips badly? Try this chemical-free strawberry and hemp lip balm for just Rs 199.
A bottle of hemp seed oil to revive your hair and make them soft, strong and thick! Click on the button below to buy it now.
Impressed by the advantages of hemp? Go for these soaps, body oils and creams to make your skin soft and smooth.
This hemp seed powder contains all the 20 amino acids. Amino acids combine to form proteins and proteins are the building blocks of life! This makes it ideal for children, athletes, vegans, and vegetarians. It has all the essential fatty acids that aid in digestion.
Whenever you are on an online shopping spree, try these stylish clothes made of hemp fabric. They will keep you comfortable on the inside and fashionable on the outside!