The reusable satellite launch vehicle will take off like an airplane and thereafter will fall by gliding and splashing down into the sea. The technology will bring down the cost of a satellite launch to one-tenth. Here are 10 interesting facts about the amazing technology.
Every time a satellite is launched, a new launch vehicle needs to be constructed which is a costly affair for both the government and the space research organizations. To bring this cost down, our very own incredible space agency Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is ready to test re-usable satellite launch vehicle in September.
Here are some amazing facts about this interesting innovation you should know-
1. The first ever reusable satellite launch vehicle is expected to bring down the cost of launch by 90 percent.
2. The launch vehicle will be landing for the first time in the ocean but the ultimate attempt is to make it land on an airstrip at Sriharikota.
3. The plane will fly into outer space at five times the speed of sound, deliver the payload and then land back like an aircraft.
4. The speed would be controlled by the fins on the machine and necessary protective tiles have been fixed to protect the equipment from friction heat when it comes back.
5. The launch vehicle – Technology Demonstrator (RLV-TD) weighs 1.5 tonne and will bring down the cost of placing a 1 kg satellite from $5,000 to one-tenth of its cost, $500.
#MGChangemakers - Episode 2: THE 21-YEAR JOURNEY OF CHANGE | Driving India Into Future
Live Now #MGChangemakers Episode 2 : Touched by poverty, untouchability and atrocities against Musahar- the Mahadalit community of Bihar, Padma Shri Sudha Varghese decided to dedicate her life for their upliftment. Watch the video to learn about her inspirational journey & how she is ‘Driving India Into The Future’. #MGChangemakers powered by MG Motor India and supported by United Nations India. Show your support by donating now: http://bit.ly/Milap-MGChangemakersPosted by TheBetterIndia on Wednesday, July 18, 2018