The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is inviting participants to apply for a 12-day free online course on Geospatial Technology for Archaeological Studies. This course is being offered as part of the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) outreach programme.
Things to know
- This course is scheduled to be conducted between 17 May to 28 May 2021.
- Those who apply and qualify for the course will have the chance to learn about geospatial technology that can be used to monitor natural disasters.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to understand current trends in geospatial techniques for archaeological or heritage studies.
- There will be a self-assessment that will be conducted for the participants.
- Participants can also take the online quiz for enhancing their learning.
- Certificate will be awarded on the basis of the participation as well as a minimum of 70 per cent attendance.
- The working language of the course is English.
- The registration for the course has already begun.
- Registration will be done on a first come first serve basis and there are only limited seats available.
What will you learn from this online course?
- Geospatial technology for archaeology: Tools and techniques
- Space-based remote sensing for archaeological studies
- Ground-based geospatial techniques for archaeological/heritage studies
- Documentation of cultural heritage sites: Case examples
- Low altitude systems for archaeological investigations
- Microwave remote sensing for archaeological studies: Space and ground based
- Demonstration on terrestrial laser scanner
- Space based studies for landscape archaeology
- Advanced image processing based damage assessment of cultural heritage monuments
The course is designed for professionals from Central, State Government, Private Organisations and NGOs engaged in hydro-meteorological based regional and national projects. Also, students and researchers aligned to research/working in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) activities.
How to apply for the online course?
- Those keen on applying for this course need to click here and fill out the form. Participants are required to fill out their personal details, educational qualification, upload relevant documents and select the course they wish to participate in.
- This course is free of any charge.
What participants require?
- Desktop computer with web camera, microphone and output speaker
- Laptop with microphone, camera and output speaker
- Large display screen /projector/TV
For any further queries you might have, you can reach out to email@example.com. To access the official brochure, click here.
(Edited by Yoshita Rao)
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.