The fastest train in india will cover the 195kms Delhi-Agra distance in less than 2 hours and will have advanced features too. Here are 10 interesting facts about this exciting new semi high-speed train.
The fastest train in India, Gatimaan Express, has completed its trial runs and is all set to ply on the New Delhi-Agra tracks. The train in its successful test run covered 195 kms within 115 minutes.
However, the fastest train came 10 minutes late, as the expected time to finish the journey was 105 minutes.
Expected to be launched in the second or third week of June, this semi high-speed train is the fastest train in India surpassing the Bhopal Shatabdi which runs at a speed of 150 kmph. The train is expected to boost the number of tourists visiting the the Taj Mahal from Delhi.
Here are some interesting facts about the much awaited train service –
1. The semi high-speed train will run at a speed of 160 kmph.
2. It is equipped with a 5,400HP electric locomotive and 12 modern coaches.
3. There will be 2 spare coaches besides the 12 regular coaches.
4. Each coach will cost around Rs. 2 to Rs. 2.5 crore.
5. Gatimaan’s fare will be 25 percent more than that of Shatabdi. The one-way fare for air-conditioned chair car will be ₹690, and for the executive class, it will be ₹1,365.
6. An eight inch LCD will be fixed behind each seat.
7. The train has no stoppage in its 195 km route and is expected to complete the journey in 105 minutes.
8. The train also has an automatic fire alarm and emergency braking system in addition to passenger information system and sliding doors inside the coaches.
9. Initially launched on the Delhi-Agra route, the train will further be launched in other routes as well.
10. The train is expected to start from New Delhi at 8 am and reach Agra by 9.45 am. On the return journey, the train will start from Agra at 5.30 pm and reach Delhi at 7.15 pm.
Like this story? Or have something to share? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter (@thebetterindia).