Readers only offer: Get additional Rs 200 off on 'The Better Home' powerful natural cleaners. Shop Now
X
400 police stations to be built in naxal affected states

400 police stations to be built in naxal affected states

To improve the security condition in naxal-affected states, the Centre has decided to build 400 police stations in 10 states. 

Naxal affected states always face security issues and to improve this condition, the government has given approval to build 400 police stations in these areas.

naxal

Photo: naxalrevolution.blogspot.com

The information was received from an RTI query which also disclosed that the police stations will be built in 10 states including Andhra Pradesh, Chhasttisgarh, Bihar, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.

Each police station will be allocated Rs. 2 crore. The cost of construction will be borne jointly by the state and centre.

80 percent of the total cost will be borne by the centre and remaining 20 percent by state. In 2012-13, Rs 150 crore were allocated to these states, Rs 119.65 crore in 2013-14 and Rs 99 crore in the year 2014-15.

On May 9, 250 villagers were seized by Maoist rebels in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on the eve of Narendra Modi’s visit to neighbouring Dantewada. With frequent incidents of abductions by naxalites, this step will benefit villagers and communities who have been suffering from this threat on a regular basis.

Like this story? Or have something to share? Write to us: contact@thebetterindia.com, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter (@thebetterindia).

Let’s be friends :)
Sign in to get free benefits
  • Get positive news daily on email
  • Join our community of positive ambassadors
  • Become a part of the positive movement
X
Before you go...

We have a favor to ask.

Our teams put in a lot of effort to create the content you love at The Better India.

The Better Home is a range of safe and eco-friendly home cleaners by The Better India. We put out curated content on our Instagram account- green living hacks, green innovations, leading a no-tox life and heroes in the sustainability space.

It would help us if you can follow our Instagram handle and spread the word around.