The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is inviting applications from students, researchers and professionals for a free online certificate course on Geo-processing using Python.
Things to know
- This course will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing.
- Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a certificate from ISRO.
- The course is scheduled to be conducted online from 18 to 29 January 2021 for a duration of 11 days.
- Participants are required to have a good internet connection and a working device to be able to participate in the course.
- The course aims to equip participants with the knowledge to read and understand information that one derives through satellite imagery.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to write a program in Python and also read, write and process different raster formats, vector formats, visualise geospatial data in form of maps, images, and so on.
- There is no course fee for attending this programme.
- There are limited seats for this programme and registrations will be on a first-come-first-serve basis only.
- All the course study material like lecture slides, video recorded lectures, open source software and handouts of demonstrations, etc. will be made available through online classes.
- Video lectures will also be uploaded on the ‘e-class’, accessible on this link.
What will you learn?
- Overview of GIS and different geospatial data types
- Overview of Python programming using
- Introduction anaconda and Jupyter notebook
- Raster data processing, resampling and analysis
- Vector data processing and analysis
- Geo-spatial data visualisation on the web
- Familiarisation to various open source geospatial data processing libraries
While the programme is open to all, it would be most beneficial for the following candidates:
- Final year undergraduate or postgraduate students
- Technical or scientific staff of Central or State government
- Faculty or researchers from university or institutions
For any further queries that you might have, you can reach out to Course Coordinator, Ravi Bhandari at 0135-2524108 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Edited by Yoshita Rao)