Clearing JEE is not a prerequisite for this course that's open to all. Plus there's an option of Diploma Only Entry for working professionals. Find out how to apply here!
Have you nurtured a dream of studying at the Indian Institute of Technology? IIT Madras is offering an online BSc degree in Programming and Data Science.
Things to Know:
- Any citizen of India can apply
- There is no age limit for applying to this programme
- Minimum qualification is class XII pass certificate
- IIT Madras is offering this course in three different stages – foundational programme, diploma programme, and degree programme.
- You can fill a form and pay a nominal fee of Rs 3,000 for the qualifier exam
- The programme aims to remove barriers of age, discipline or geographic location
- Candidates applying for the programme should have studied English and Math upto class X.
- Registration opens – Check the official website for the date
- Registration ends – 15 September 2020
- Qualifier exam – 20-22 November 2020
- Qualifier exam results – 7 December 2020
- Commencement of qualifier course – 5 October 2020
- Foundation Level 1 begins on 4 January 2021
Details of the Programme
- You are required to take eight courses under the foundational course and complete them between eight months to three years.
- The cost of this course module is Rs 32,000
- You can exit the course with a foundational certificate at this stage.
- You take twelve courses at the diploma level and can complete them between twelve months to three years.
- The cost of this course module is Rs 1,10,000
- You can exit this level with a Diploma in Programming or Diploma in Data Science
- You take eleven courses under the degree level and can complete them between twelve months to three years
- The cost of this course module will be Rs 1,00,000
- IIT Madras will award candidates who successfully complete this level with the BSc Degree in Programming and Data Science
- There are 31 courses, which can be completed between three to six years, depending on the pace and performance of the candidate. There will be online assignments, and also an end-term exam for each course.
With respect to the fee structure, there are some waivers available, read the brochure carefully before applying.
You could write to email@example.com or click on the official website here for more details.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)