The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is inviting applications for the CBSE Teachers and Principals Awards 2019. The award, which is conferred on Teacher’s Day each year, includes a merit certificate and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
Who is Eligible?
- Working teachers with at least 10 years of regular teaching experience in CBSE-affiliated school(s)
- Principals with 10 years of regular teaching experience and five years as a principal in CBSE-affiliated school(s)
- Those who have applied earlier but not awarded will be considered again, if eligible.
- Teachers or principals who have already been awarded CBSE Teachers Award can apply for the National Award for Teachers
- Principals cannot apply under the category of teachers
- An applicant can only apply under one category.
- There are a total of 61 awards to be presented
- Selection of the final awardees by the Committee and announcement of awards will be displayed on the CBSE portal.
Important Dates and Things to Note
- Last date for submission of applications is 10 July 2020
- The size of the image to be uploaded should not exceed 50 KB
- All documents should only be in .PDF and not exceed 1 MB
How Are The Teachers and Principals Evaluated?
- A National Level Scrutiny Committee is formed to check all the credentials and supporting documents of the shortlisted applicants.
- The committee then prepares a merit-list based on scores obtained by a candidate.
- The names of the top six scorers is forwarded to the Ministry of HRD for National Teachers Award.
On What Basis are the Teachers and Principals Evaluated?
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualification,
- scholarly contributions,
- mentoring colleagues or fellow teachers,
- participation in personal and professional development activities in the last 10 years,
- contributions to the community,
- membership or leadership position,
- awards and honours,
- annual performance,
- NSSC, NCC guide activities, and student development.
For any further query, please e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)