With The Positive Collective, The Better India’s COVID-19 coverage is available to regional language publications for free. Write to email@example.com for more details.
Daksha Fellowship is India’s first ‘Law, Policy and Business Fellowship Program’ for new and mid-career lawyers, public policy professionals and other graduates with law background to enhance their skills in sector-specific specialisations.
What’s more? The Fellowship has decided to offer up to 100 per cent tuition waiver for meritorious and deserving students.
What does the Fellowship offer?
- During the one-year residency fellowship, candidates are required to stay in Chennai.
- The curriculum has been formulated by internationally-renowned faculty in collaboration with leading legal practitioners and industry experts.
- The program will include workshops, labs and boot camps.
- The idea behind the program is to equip scholars with specialised knowledge through a combination of legal and non-legal courses.
- Technology Law and Policy
This course will provide sector-specific exposure to telecommunications, financial technologies and social media in addition to data protection, cybercrimes and intellectual property law.
2. Law and Regulation
This course aims at providing a conceptual understanding of regulation and insights on key domains like energy and infrastructure, food and the green economy.
3. Disputes Resolution
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of emerging areas in dispute resolution.
Applications Open: 2 March 2020
Round 1 closes: 20 April 2020
Round 2 closes: 25 May 2020
Round 3 closes: 29 June 2020
Program starts: 3 August 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in law from a recognised Indian institution, or a degree equivalent to the LL.B. program (integrated or non-integrated) from an international university.
- Students pursuing their final year of law and are expected to graduate before the program start date can also apply.
- Exemplary record of academic and extracurricular achievements.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Scores from one of these entrance exams – Daksha Fellowship Admissions Test, CLAT PG or LSAT-India.
How to Apply?
- All applicants are required to submit an online application through the Daksha Fellowship portal. Click here to access it.
- The program will follow a rolling admissions cycle.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit the form in the early rounds to increase their chances of selection and financial aid.
Tuition: INR 6 Lakh
Housing: INR 1.5 Lakh
Admissions Fee: INR 0.1 Lakh
Contact Details: For more details send an email to – firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to access the official website for more details.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)