With The Positive Collective, The Better India’s COVID-19 coverage is available to regional language publications for free. Write to email@example.com for more details.
Daksha Fellowship is India’s first ‘Law, Policy and Business Fellowship Program’ for new and mid-career lawyers, public policy professionals and other graduates with law background to enhance their skills in sector-specific specialisations.
What’s more? The Fellowship has decided to offer up to 100 per cent tuition waiver for meritorious and deserving students.
What does the Fellowship offer?
- During the one-year residency fellowship, candidates are required to stay in Chennai.
- The curriculum has been formulated by internationally-renowned faculty in collaboration with leading legal practitioners and industry experts.
- The program will include workshops, labs and boot camps.
- The idea behind the program is to equip scholars with specialised knowledge through a combination of legal and non-legal courses.
- Technology Law and Policy
This course will provide sector-specific exposure to telecommunications, financial technologies and social media in addition to data protection, cybercrimes and intellectual property law.
2. Law and Regulation
This course aims at providing a conceptual understanding of regulation and insights on key domains like energy and infrastructure, food and the green economy.
3. Disputes Resolution
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of emerging areas in dispute resolution.
Applications Open: 2 March 2020
Round 1 closes: 20 April 2020
Round 2 closes: 25 May 2020
Round 3 closes: 29 June 2020
Program starts: 3 August 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in law from a recognised Indian institution, or a degree equivalent to the LL.B. program (integrated or non-integrated) from an international university.
- Students pursuing their final year of law and are expected to graduate before the program start date can also apply.
- Exemplary record of academic and extracurricular achievements.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Scores from one of these entrance exams – Daksha Fellowship Admissions Test, CLAT PG or LSAT-India.
How to Apply?
- All applicants are required to submit an online application through the Daksha Fellowship portal. Click here to access it.
- The program will follow a rolling admissions cycle.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit the form in the early rounds to increase their chances of selection and financial aid.
Tuition: INR 6 Lakh
Housing: INR 1.5 Lakh
Admissions Fee: INR 0.1 Lakh
Contact Details: For more details send an email to – firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to access the official website for more details.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons:
Let us know how you felt