"My weight gradually dropped from 75 kg to 60 kg. But that’s not it. My energy levels were high and I became more active." #OnlineWorkshop #FoodSecrets
Even though it had been two years since she’d given birth to a healthy baby girl, Kirti Yadav’s postnatal health issues—nausea, constipation, low energy levels and insomnia—continued.
While these health issues were not unusual, the Bengaluru resident did some research and realised that her diet was aggravating them and wondered if a change in her eating habits could provide much-needed relief.
So, in 2017, Kirti, a vegetarian, became a vegan. While her health improved by leaps and bounds, an unforeseen but welcome result of this dietary change was weight loss. Today, she conducts workshops to teach vegan recipes of everyday and gourmet dishes. Join her in her online workshops and give a dairy-free spin to your diet!
Speaking to The Better India (TBI), Kirti says, “Before switching my diet, I got a blood check-up done and was shocked to see that my cholesterol levels were very high even though I was eating healthy. I considered the headaches, constipation and such health issues normal because they had always been a part of my life. But they were no doubt, a reason for my struggle. After the blood tests, I started researching diet forms, and I came across many people who had turned vegan and had positive things to say about that lifestyle.”
Butter, ghee, cheese, milk and other dairy products are an intrinsic part of the Indian cuisine, and it seems almost impossible to imagine food without them.
But Kirti had her health issues to overcome, and as an experiment, she decided to make the switch, and it took only a few months for her to see the results. Her cholesterol levels were down, there was no constipation or nausea, and happily enough, she was steadily losing the weight that she had gained during pregnancy.
“I would average around 75 kg before my pregnancy, and put on 10 kilos afterwards. When I gave up dairy, my weight gradually dropped to 60 kg, and that is my normal now. But that’s not it. My energy levels were high, and I became more active. It became evident to me that this diet was doing more for my body than the previous one,” she tells TBI.
To help others like her, who want to switch to a vegan diet, but it impossible to give up dairy, Kirti conducts recipe workshops. Select from them below.
Kirti’s workshops with vegan recipes:
- All Millets Magic: As the name suggests, this online workshop is all about cooking vegan dishes with the ancient millet grains. It will cover healthy recipes like upma, khichdi, dosa and laddus that can be easily made and prove to be healthy meals. Click here to book your slot for the webinar.
- Healthy Dips, Chutneys & Sauces: Add a twist of taste to bland roti, bread and dosa with dips, chutneys and sauces that are plant-based. Snacks can be both nutritious and delicious if you choose the right ingredients. Follow this link to book a place in the online workshop.
- Secrets of Weight Loss, Eat right, Don’t Starve: Kirti lost 25 kg weight not by starving herself but by tweaking her diet to eliminate unhealthy elements. In this workshop, she will guide individuals who are trying to lose weight by showing how you need not give up your favourite rice or roti to achieve your goal. Click here to book a place.
- No more boring salad: Do you frown at the thought of having salad for a meal? That could be because you haven’t tried Kirti’s fun, tasty varieties yet. If you are trying hard to follow a healthy diet that includes lots of salads, her online workshop would be a great start. Here’s the link to book a place in her webinar.
- No heat cooking-Kids’ summer camp: Children getting bored sitting at home during summer vacations? Let them attend this webinar that will invoke the chef in them! Right from the choice of ingredients to the final presentation, Kirti will help them turn into master vegan cheflings! Follow this link to book a place in the webinar.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)