The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has activated the link for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 form withdrawal. Candidates who wish to withdraw their registration from the examination can do so between 12 March 2020 to 18 March 2020 till 6.00 PM.
This is the first time that the UPSC is extending this facility to candidates appearing for the Civil Service Examination (CSE). This facility to withdraw the application was first introduced in the Combined Engineering Services exam in 2019.
Details to note:
- You will need the registration id and the mobile number that you provided in the application form
- An OTP will be sent to the registered email id and the mobile number to proceed with the withdrawal. It will be valid for only 30 mins.
- You can request to generate OTP for withdrawal of application only till 5.30 PM on 18 March 2020.
- If the candidate has filled more than one application form, they must use the one with the latest registration id
- Once the application is accepted, the candidate must print the authenticated receipt
- The fee paid by candidate at the time of filling the registration form will not be refunded
- Once the candidate decides to withdraw the application, it cannot be revived at a later stage, under any circumstances.
Candidates to make note of the following
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the request for withdrawal of application.
- You can click here to find the instruction sheet.
- Candidates who wish to withdraw from appearing for the examination must ensure that they fill out the application form in full. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Upon the successful submission of the withdrawal application, an auto-generated email and SMS will be sent on candidate’s registered email-id and mobile respectively.
- If by any chance the candidate did not apply for a withdrawal, then they should reach out via email email@example.com, to the Commission at the earliest.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)