For the basic course a new module is expected to be released every week and for the refresher course every 15 days.
The Ministry of Tourism of India recently launched the Incredible India Tourist Facilitators Certification Programme. It is a pan India online learning programme which aims to generate employment and give a boost to the tourism industry.
How Does the Course Help?
The intent behind launching this programme is twofold. First, to enhance the overall experience of tourists who visit the country and generate meaningful employment opportunities in the tourism and hospitality industry. The programme aims to make the remotest part of the country accessible to tourists and create a pool of trained tourist guides to showcase the best of India.
Intelligence Bureau is Recruiting For 2000 Jobs: How to Apply & Eligibility
The Intelligence Bureau, under Ministry of Home Affairs, has invited applications for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer. Find out eligibility, last date, exam details and how to apply.Read more >
One of the USPs of this course is that a candidate can choose to pursue it at his or her own pace and time.
Who is Eligible?
- Should have attained the age of 18 as on the date of registering on the portal
- Candidates who are below the age of 40 should have completed class 10 +2 or an equivalent examination
- Candidates above the age of 40 should have completed class 10 or equivalent examination conducted by a board recognised by the government of India/state government
- Candidate must have a basic level certification, or
- An advanced level certification, or
- Be an existing regional level tourist guide approved by the Ministry of Tourism.
Specialisation in a Spoken Language Course
- Any candidate who is a basic or advanced certificate holder having fluency in a spoken foreign language (other than English), is eligible to apply
- To register under the advanced category, candidates should be a basic level certificate holder
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to log in to the official IITF website here
- If you are a new user, you will need to register on the portal first. For that click on ‘create new account’. If you already are registered, you can enter your user name and password details and continue
- If you are a new user then you will need to upload the following to register yourself:
- Your recent passport-size photograph.
- Age proof: copy of grade 10 Class Board Certificate/Passport issued by the authority
- Address proof: Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, Voter ID Card or Certificate of Residence proof by the competent authority
- Education Qualification proof: 10+2 or equivalent Certificate/10 or equivalent for the 40 and above candidates (issued by any recognised Board by Government of India/State Government)
- Caste certificate proof: In case of SC/ST candidate, issued by the competent authority
- Copy of existing Regional Level Guide Training Programme (RLGTP) License (for enrolment into Refresher Course)
- Fee exemption is applicable to SC/CT candidates, candidates from Aspirational Districts and from J&K and Leh only.
- Fill out the registration form with all details as required
- Once completed a link will be sent to your registered e-mail id, click on it to complete the registration process
- Candidate can now log in to the portal after the details are verified via an OTP
- Candidate will be asked to select from the course they wish to pursue – basic/advanced/refresher
- Once you choose the course, you will be prompted to make a payment for the fee to continue
- After the fee submission, a new window will open with the course you have opted for
General Things To Know
- For the basic course, a new module will be released every week and for the refresher course every 15 days.
- Candidates will have to pay an enrollment fee of Rs 2000, which is not inclusive of the exam fee that will have to be paid later.
- While the programme content is compatible across all platforms i.e. Windows, iOs, and Android, it is recommended that the candidate use Chrome for the optimal experience.
- Do note that candidates cannot get a refund once the fee is paid.
- In case of any query regarding the programme or other details, you can call on this toll free number – 18001806479.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)
IIT Kharagpur Offers Free 12-week Course With Certificate for Computer Engineers
This 12-week free course begins on 14 September. Computer Science graduates can apply.Read more >