In this article, we will examine and list out the steps to be taken in such a scenario. Given that the details provided in your Aadhaar card are already verified, editing the same is not possible.
In a recently published article, we spoke about how one could withdraw money from a Provident Fund account, and also edit personal details. Subsequently we had a reader ask us what the procedure was if there is a mismatch in details mentioned in the PF account and Aadhaar.
To begin with, if is a mismatch in the name and date of birth mentioned in the PF account and Aadhaar, withdrawing money from the PF account will not be possible. The error you will see is: ‘Error while AADHAAR authentication. “Pi” (basic) attributes of demographic data did not match.’
Building Digital India: How One Idea Empowers 10 Lakh People With Lessons on Digital Future
Nasscom Foundation and DXC Technology have joined hands to bridge the digital gap in rural areas of India by establishing digital resource centres. Currently operational in 20 districts across the country, the programme has reached over 10 lakh people from marginalised communities.Read more >
Given that the details provided in your Aadhaar card are already verified, editing the same is not possible. So, in this article, we will list out the steps to be taken.
Here’s what you should do:
- Log in to the Universal Account Number (UAN) portal.
- Enter your UAN and password details in the box provided.
- Once you have logged in you will have to click on ‘manage’ and then on ‘Modify Basic Details.’
- On the right-hand corner, you will be asked to enter the name you wish to update. Once done, click on ‘Update’
- The next message you will see is: ‘Pending approval from Employer.’
- In case you have made a mistake while entering any detail, there is an option to delete the request, log in again, and reapply.
- The deletion however can only be done prior to the employer accepting the request. Once the employer accepts the change, the same will be forwarded to the EPFO office for verification.
Please note: PF withdrawal is possible only in cases where the details on your Aadhaar card and the details you have entered into the UAN portal are the same.
(Edited Gayatri Mishra)
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Brothers Create ‘Digital Address’ for Millions in Rural India to Access Last-Mile Delivery
Brothers Rajat and Mohit Jain are the creators of Pataa, an online application that aims to address unstructured addressing systems in India to solve last-mile delivery issues.Read more >