The National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to begin the online registration process of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) (Main).
The examination is scheduled to take place on April 5, 7, 8, 9 and 11. While the registration process begins on February 7, it will go on until March 7, 2020.
What is JEE, and what does the exam entail?
JEE is a pan-India undergraduate engineering entrance examination, which is the gateway for admission to various BTech/BE programmes offered by 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 23 CFTIs.
From 2019, JEE Main is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), twice a year in computer-based mode only.
Since students can now appear for this examination twice, the better of the two scores will be used for the purpose of ranking as per the regulations laid by the authorities.
Students who wish to apply for JEE exams must fulfill the following criteria:
1. Must have secured at least 75 per cent marks in the 12th-grade examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th-grade examination conducted by the respective Boards.
2. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65 per cent in the 12th-grade examination.
How to apply:
• Visit the official website of JEE Main, find and click on “Apply for JEE Main 2020.”
• You will be directed to a new page with “Fresh Candidate Registration” box.
• Click on “Proceed to Apply.”
• You will then be directed to the JEE Main Application Form Instructions Page.
• Once you have gone through the instructions, click on “Proceed to Apply Online.”
• A JEE Main 2020 Authentication Form will be then be displayed on the screen.
• You will be asked to fill out all the necessary details in the JEE Main Authentication Form.
• Once you have entered all the details, click on “Submit.”
• You will now be directed to the JEE Main Application Form. You will need to fill in your personal details, academic details, and exam related details in this section.
Things to keep in mind while choosing a password:
1. The password must have 8 to 13 characters
2. It should have at least one upper case, at least one lower case alphabet and at least one numeric value.
3. The password should have at least one special character, from these: !@#$%^&*-,
4. To proceed, further candidates have to click on the Next button.
Once all the steps mentioned above are carried out, the candidate will be sent a verification code to the registered mobile number and e-mail id. Enter the code into the box to complete the application registration process.
Things to know:
• It will be helpful to use a computer with good internet connectivity and speed.
• Keep all your educational qualification details handy while filling out the form
• A scanned clear passport photograph in a JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb) will need to be uploaded.
• You will also need a scanned clear signature in a JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
• Ensure that you enter a valid e-mail id since all communication will be made on this e-mail id.
• Do remember to check the mobile number you enter in since all relevant information will be sent via SMS to this number.
• You will also need a valid debit/credit card or net banking account or UPI or PAYTM Service to make the payment.
• A printer connected to your system to print the confirmation page.
• No correction can be made at a later stage after submission of an application.
• Do note that no change will be accepted through Post/Fax/e-mail/ By Hand etc.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.