The last date for application is February 15. Read more to know about fee payments, examination dates, registration status and more
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has again extended its deadline for admissions to 15 February 2020. For international students, the deadline is 20 February.
Aspirants can apply for a Masters course directly through the University’s portal for the January 2020 cycle.
People can also apply offline by downloading the application form from the IGNOU site and submit the filled form at regional IGNOU centres before the due date.
Except for courses of B.ED, M.Phil/PhD and MBA, there is no entrance exams for the rest of the courses like MCA, MA, MSc, MTTM, PGD, Diploma, Advanced Certificate Programme, Certificate programme, Post Graduate Certificate, Awareness Programmes and Appreciation Course.
Eligibility criteria and fees for each course differ. Click here to check the criteria and fees for all courses.
How to Apply
- Click ‘Online admissions open for January 2020 session’ on IGNOU’s website
- Use your registered username and password to log in or register if a new user
- Fill the application form and click on submit
- Download the form or take a print out for future reference
Please note: After the completion of the process, you will receive confirmation email and SMS from IGNOU. In case you don’t, please contact here: email@example.com
Documents to Upload
It is mandatory to upload scanned images and e-copies of necessary documents like:
- Proof of Age
- Educational Qualification
- Category Certificate (if SC/ST/OBC)
- Experience Certificate
- BPL Certificate, (if Below Poverty Line)
- Scanned photograph and signature
Fee Payment Options
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card (PNB)
How to Check IGNOU Registration Status
- Open IGNOU’s official website
- Click on ‘Check Your Admission Status’
- Enter your 9-digit enrollment number and programme code
- On clicking ‘Submit’, your registration status will appear
Important Dates to Know
- September-October 2020: Term End Exam Form Submission
- December 2020: Term End Examination
- 10 days before Examination: Release of hall ticket
- December 2020: Results
Featured image source
Edited by Saiqua Sultan