The National Institute of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog was established in 2015 as a policy think tank of the Government of India.
One of its many aims is to develop credible plans for the grassroots level and also ensure that economic progress takes places in all sections of society.
As per a notification put out on the official NITI Aayog website, there are vacancies for two posts—Engagement of Young Professionals/Consultants and Monitoring & Evaluation Expert (Senior Consultant)—on a contract basis.
Here are all the details you need to apply for these positions –
What does the role entail?
- Candidates applying for this position will be required to provide high-quality inputs in disciplines like International Trade/Finance/Labour Economics/Industrial Economics/MSME/Social Sector and Agriculture.
- The role would require the candidates to exhibit proven academic credentials, professional achievements and leadership qualities.
- Candidates may be required to undertake planning and coordinating with concerned Ministries and States/UTs to facilitate necessary convergence.
Who can apply?
- Candidates should be below 45 years of age (For Consultant Grade I) and 50 years of age (For Consultant Grade II) as on the date of advertisement.
- Candidates possessing a Master’s Degree or BE/B.Tech or 2 years PG Diploma in Management or MBBS or LLB or CA or ICWA.
- Candidates should have at least 3 years (For Consultant Grade I) and 8 years (For Consultant Grade II) of post essential qualification experience working in Government, reputed Governmental Organizations, International development agencies and research organizations.
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in public policy supported by published work/policy papers appraisal/monitoring of projects and schemes etc.
How to register
- On the official website, you will find a link that says ‘Apply Online.’
- When you click on it, you will be directed to a page where you will have to fill out all your details, which include name, address, e-mail ID, date of birth, and a password that you can set for the application process.
- Once done you will be directed to another page where you will be asked to enter the e-mail id and password provided by you.
- You will then have to enter your personal, educational, and professional experience details.
- The last date for applying for this position is 26 February 2020.
Documents to keep handy
- Candidates need to keep all their educational certificates ready, and they should be in a PDF format only. Also, ensure that the maximum size of this document is 1 MB.
- If you have work experience and were drawing a salary in your last job, the previous salary slip or Income Tax Returns (ITR) for the assessment year 2019-20 needs to be uploaded in a PDF format.
- Candidates need to upload their resume, and the file must not exceed 5 MB in size.
- Candidates also need to upload their photograph in the following formats: jpg/jpeg/png or gif. The photograph must be less than 1 MB in size.
- Upload Your Signature (jpg/jpeg/png or gif image, which is less than 1 MB.)
The next step
Candidates will also be asked for certain declarations, which include questions about financial liabilities, any criminal case pending, or any past convictions.
Once the form is filled out, do click on ‘Draft Preview’ to go through the form and ensure that it is error-free. Post the perusal candidates can click on ‘Finish & Apply for Post’ to complete the application.
Important points to remember
- The application will be accepted online only on this link provided on the NITI Aayog website. No other mode of application will be accepted.
- The contract is for three years.
- While candidates applying for the position have to necessarily fulfil the essential educational qualifications indicated in the original advertisement, please note that these are just the minimum requirement and do not entitle candidates to be called for the interview.
- Do mention your active e-mail id since communication will be via this id alone.
- Candidates need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents.
- Candidates will be required to produce all the original documents and submit their self-attested copies, as and when asked to do so.
In case of any clarification on web-related issues, please write to email@example.com. For administrative queries, contact – 011-23042421 during working hours.
Do note that questions will be clarified only till 3.00 PM on the last day of filing of online applications.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.