Candidates must note that there is negative marking as well and each incorrect answer carries a penalty of about 0.25 marks.
The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is India’s largest insurance company and recently came into the limelight during the Budget 2020 speech when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the decision of the government to sell its stake in LIC.
With many candidates vying for a job with LIC, in this article we explain what the process of recruitment at LIC is, and in particular for the Assistant Administrative Officer’s (AAO) position.
What does an AAO do?
• Devising new schemes to be implemented.
• Inspecting existing policies.
• Managing and filing claims raised by existing clients.
• The AAO is also in charge of all client interactions.
• Providing assistance to other departments and ensuring that they all have adequate information about the new schemes.
• Perform any task as specified by the department head or administrative officer.
• The candidate must have completed graduation from a college of good repute, or a Government approved University.
• The candidate must have cleared all subjects in the first attempt itself. If the candidate has a backlog, they cannot apply for this position.
• The candidate must possess a good knowledge of computers.
• The candidate must be 21 years or above and also must be below 30 years of age at the time of applying for the position.
• The candidate must be a citizen of India.
• The age limit will be relaxed in the following cases:
a) For SC/ST candidates, a five year of age relaxation has been provided.
b) Physically challenged candidates who fall under the SC/ST category have been provided with an age relaxation of three years.
Things to know about the exam:
• The examination has five sections with 160 objective type questions for 300 marks.
• Each section is further divided into 30 objective questions.
• The English language section has 40 questions.
• The LIC AAO examination is bilingual, and the candidate can choose to attempt the examination in either English or Hindi, except for the English section.
• The duration of the LIC AAO exam is 2 hours.
• Candidates must note that there is negative marking as well and each incorrect answer carries a penalty of about 0.25 marks.
• Candidates will have to pay Rs 600 (General category) and Rs 100 for all other categories to procure the application form.
The basis on which candidates will be selected:
• All the candidates will first have to appear and clear the online written exam. The examination is likely to be held in March 2020.
• Once the written examination is cleared, the candidate will be called upon for an interview.
• Those candidates who clear both the written and interview round will then have to undergo a medical test. Candidates who successfully clear the medical tests will then be given an offer letter to join LIC as an AAO.
Tentative schedule to watch out for:
• The application forms will be released on the official LIC website, which can be accessed here.
• The preliminary admit card will be issued in April 2020, following which the examination will be conducted in May 2020.
• The main examination is scheduled to take place in June 2020, and the interview will be conducted in August 2020.
Also Read: IT Notice to Pension: 6 Changes in Monetary Policy Impacting You From October
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)