The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) has launched a startup to teach Artificial Intelligence (AI) to students at nominal costs. The startup is called “PadhAI” which offers an affordable hands-on course on Deep Learning.
The intent is to ensure that every college student with an engineering, science or commerce background has access to a foundational course on an understanding of data science.
What does one learn in this course?
• The course is self-paced and covers levels from beginners to the mathematical and programming skills required for a Data Scientist
• This is a five-month course priced at Rs 1000.
• Once the course is completed jobs can be secured in the fields of manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, education, and Information Technology.
• PadhAI course on data science begins on 1 February 2020
• Click here to apply.
• The four-month-long course will comprise of 80 hours of lecture content.
• The Professors are expecting to follow up on this course on data science with subsequent affordably priced courses on Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
What happens after the course completion?
In an attempt to encourage more and more students to opt for this course, every year, the top-performing students from courses on PadhAI will be invited to a ‘summer garage.’
This will essentially be an AI residency program at IIT-Madras Research Park where the selected students can work on research, tackle problems of societal impact, or find solutions of commercial value.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)