Hydrating, cleansing and healing, vitamin C is a wonderous organic substance for your skin.
Vitamin C is a crucial element in skin care regimen. It keeps your skin hydrated and firm and can be introduced in your skin care routine via serums, creams, face washes and body lotions infused with its goodness.
What Are the Benefits of Vitamin C?
6 Steps to Get the Most Nutrition Out of Your Fruits and Vegetables in Every Meal
A raw salad or smoothie might seem like the best way to load up on vitamins and antioxidants. But the nutritional value of many foods is enhanced by cooking.Read more >
Vit C dons several hats. It provides ample hydration to your delicate skin, prevents hyperpigmentation and reverts sun damage, among its many other benefits.
Let’s go over them point by point.
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, a derivative of Vitamin C used in many skin care products reduces water loss from the epidermal layer of your skin. This amps up moisture-retention in your skin.
- If you are prone to skin inflammation and redness, a Vit C toner or serum will be your best friend. Apply it before bed every night and soon you will see positive results on your skin. Click here to get a serum bottle now.
- Sunspots, age marks and hyperpigmentation are other skin issues that can be helped by Vit C toners.
- Since this miracle ingredient has rejuvenating properties, ascorbic acid (Vit C) helps your skin go through the natural regeneration process, aiding in the repair of damaged cells.
- It also has antioxidant properties that help your skin triumph over the daily UV damage. Click here to purchase a pore tightening Vitamin C toner.
Is It Safe to Put Vit C on Your Face?
Another great thing about the vitamin is that it suits most skin types. Only if your skin is super sensitive or you are allergic to it should you avoid it. If you have never used a vitamin C serum or toner before, take a skin patch test or dilute it in a little bit of water before applying on the skin.
How to Use Vitamin C on Your Face?
For glowing skin, one must include Vitamin C in some form or other in the skin care routine. Use either a Vit C toner, serum or face wash regularly. Here’s a basic skincare routine to follow regularly for hydrated and smooth skin.
We are enlisting four products for you — face wash, toner, serum and moisturiser with Vitamin C. Pick all or any. The choice is yours!
- Wash your face and neck with cool water and your favourite chemical-free face wash. You can use a vitamin C face wash too (click here to purchase one). Pat dry.
- Use toner on your skin as per instructions. Remember, you start with the thinnest product and follow up with the thickest.
- Next in line is the Vit C serum, to be applied with a cotton pad.
- Next, apply a Vitamin C moisturiser and massage your skin gently with it for at least one minute.
- Give the products time to seep into your skin before you leave the house.
- Repeat regularly for best results.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)
Shampoo to Pain Reliever: 10 Things I've Stopped Buying From The Market
Earbuds, drain de-clogger, face scrub & more — here's how I scratched these items off my shopping list, cutting down my monthly expenses and my carbon footprint. #LiveGreenRead more >
How to Make Your Own COVID-19 Mask at Home: Check Steps Issued by Govt
Issued by the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Indian government, this guide provides a simple outline to make, use and reuse masks at home.Read more >