Granola is healthy and essential for sure. But did you know it can be fun and exciting as a dessert?
Shruthi Arun, the founder of Purple Hippie, shared with us three delicious recipes that blend the goodness of granola with the irresistibility of ice-cream to give you perfect dessert dishes – an ice cream, an ice cream pie and a smoothie bowl with granola and peanut butter.
Purple Hippie is a brand that specialises in making granola products and all-natural peanut butter. You can head on this link to check out their amazing products.
Keep these ready:
One factor to never forget while eating healthy is to eat organic. We don’t want any preservatives or additives to come in the way of your health.
Keep the following ingredients ready before you start preparing the dessert dishes.
Purple Hippie salted peanut butter- At just Rs 320, you can purchase 200 gm of this all-natural peanut butter that will boost the taste of your ice-cream.
The spread is an excellent source of protein, iron and fibre, so you have one thing less to be guilty of. Click here to buy the peanut butter bottle.
Peanut butter & chocolate granola: Low on sugar and high in nutrients, this Purple Hippie health product will uplift your recipe and make it super healthy. Click here to buy it now.
Purple Hippie Fully Loaded Granola: This pack comes with 4 types of dry fruits, 5 kinds of nuts & seeds and 100% on energy. Add this to your dessert or breakfast recipes for a guaranteed power boost. Click here to purchase it now.
Peanut Butter & Banana Ice Cream
- Ripe Bananas: 3 Large
- Purple Hippie Salted Peanut Butter: 2 Tbsps
- Unsweetened Almond Milk Or Coconut Milk: 100ml
- Peel, chop and freeze bananas overnight.
- In a blender, add the frozen bananas, the salted peanut butter and the almond/coconut milk and blend into a smooth paste.
- Pour the mix into a steel container and freeze overnight.
- Scoop out your ice cream into a bowl the next day and top with your favourite berries.
Granola ice cream pie
- Purple Hippie peanut butter & chocolate granola: 150 gms
- Unsalted butter: 2 tbsps
- Vanilla ice cream: 4 scoops or 1 family pack
- Dark chocolate: 100 gms
- Fresh cream: 75 ml
- Instant coffee powder: 2 tsp
- 8” pie dish with a removable bottom
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter and add it to purple hippie peanut butter & chocolate granola and mix thoroughly. Use this mix to form the pie base. Pat into the pie dish tightly and freeze for 1 hour.
- Allow the vanilla ice cream to soften a little and then pour it into the prepared pie base. Freeze again for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ganache. Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and add instant coffee powder. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the fresh cream and mix thoroughly. Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature.
- Pour ganache over the frozen ice cream layer and put the pie back into the freezer for another hour.
- Cut your ice cream pie into 8 slices and serve with a pretty mint leaf on top!
Granola Smoothie Bowl:
- Purple Hippie Fully Loaded Granola: 60gms
- Fresh Strawberries: 100gms
- Plain curd 125gms
- Chia seeds: 2 tsp
- Honey: 1 tbsp
- Banana: 1 large
- Kiwi: 1
- Make a smoothie out of 75 gms of strawberries, 3/4th banana, Greek yoghurt and honey.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass bowl. Top with Fully Loaded Granola and chia seeds.
- Chop the remaining fruit to size of preference and garnish the smoothie bowl with it.
(Edited by Vinayak Hegde)
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.