Every so often, it is nice to step away from the routine and try something new. Risotto Oats can be this experiment for you. Oats have been a hot-favourite of health-conscious people and this time around, you need not compromise on taste to make your diet more nourishing. The cheesy creaminess of risotto and the healthy goodness of oats come together splendidly in this recipe!
Keep these ready:
Steel-cut oats are an integral part of this recipe. Make sure you get the organic kind to make your risotto tasty and nutritious.
Himalayan salt will enhance the taste of your risotto oats.
Keep both these ingredients ready before you start the preparations for the recipe.
Ingredients to use:
1 cup steel-cut oats
2 teaspoons butter
2 cups vegetable broth
½ cup green peas
¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
¼ green onion (thinly sliced)
2 cups water
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon basil (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
2 tablespoons lemon
Himalayan salt (to taste)
Method of preparation:
- Heat butter in a saucepan (A pan with a lid is preferable).
- Add garlic, oats, salt and pepper. Mix and cook so the flavour spreads evenly.
- Add the vegetable broth and water.
- Let it simmer. Make sure you stir occasionally.
- Continue for about 20 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed.
- Add the peas, onions, basil, lemon juice, cheese and basil. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with some grated cheese and serve hot. Your delicious oat risotto is ready!
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)