With the goodness of honey and the wholesomeness of oats, pumpkin seeds and nuts, you can make this baked granola once and you are set for days!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many of us are guilty of skipping it more often than not.
Well, if you are someone who rushes about every morning, you can still get your day off to a good start if you keep some granola—a fine mixture of rolled oats, nuts and dry-fruits—on hand. It is super yummy and packs an ample helping of whole-grain goodness.
8 Library Cafes Across India to Bookmark For Your Travels
What’s better than freshly brewed coffee? A great book to go with it! Choose from a wide selection of literary works at these library cafes across the country.Read more >
Granola can be eaten with milk, like cereal, but here’s a simple recipe that can transform it into a baked delight which can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack, or even, dessert!
Keep these ready:
If you are trying out granola for the first time, you might want to opt for a prepared mixture. Cocosutra offers preservative-free granola, in a variety of flavours like chocolate chunks, millet, and peanut butter.
You want your baked granola to be super-healthy, and the way to achieve this is by adding nutritious seeds to it. This recipe uses pumpkin and flax seeds. Click here to purchase a pack of flax seeds.
Coconut sugar is a great sweetener that is healthy and sweetens dishes, without harming your health. Click here to buy a pack now.
Ingredients you will need:
3 cups granola (you can also make your own, once you understand what nuts you prefer)
1 tablespoon coconut sugar (you can use less or more, according to your taste)
⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
⅓ cup flax seeds
⅓ cup butter (or if you prefer it vegan, coconut oil)
⅓ cup honey (or maple syrup)
1 teaspoon ginger (ground)
2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1 and ½ tablespoons ginger (chopped and crystallised)
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- While the oven is warming up, mix the granola, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds in a large bowl. Mix also the ginger, cinnamon and crystallised ginger.
- Add melted butter (or coconut oil) and honey to this mixture. Stir until the wet ingredients blend well with the dry ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the granola mix in a thin layer onto the baking sheet. Pop it in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Take off the granola and flip it carefully. Bake for another 25 minutes or until the granola turns golden brown.
- Once you achieve the desired colour, let it cool. Break the granola into small parts and store in an airtight container.
- Eat for breakfast or whenever you need a quick dose of energy!
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start a new habit today!
5 Millet Soups Your Grandma Would Recommend to Beat the Chills This Winter
These healthy millet soups infused with chilli, peppers and more are perfect for those winter evenings. Find recipes here and try them at home.Read more >
You may also like: Heart-Healthy Food You Need to Include in Your Diet Right Now!
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)
This Village Eatery Has Been Steaming Chiblu Idlis in Bamboo for 70 Years
Located in Halaguru village of Karnataka, Babu Hotel has served chiblu idlis made in bamboo baskets for over seven decades. Its owner Bhakta Vatsala shares what makes these idlis unique.Read more >