Trekking in the mighty Himalayas is one heck of an adventure, but it comes with its challenges—for example, bathing.
For us, the ordeal does not last for more than a few days, unlike the defence personnel stationed in these parts, who find it hard to maintain personal hygiene in the extreme weather conditions.
Keeping this in mind, Dr Puneet Gupta, an alumnus of IIM Calcutta, developed waterless personal hygiene products such as a shampoo and body bath, to help them get rid of dirt and pollutants, without the use of water.
Now, you too can get these waterless toiletries, for just Rs 499 and 549 respectively, and use them on your next trek! Click here to purchase Clensta products.
How can we use these toiletries?
Clensta’s products remove the very mechanism of ‘rinsing’ and using ‘water’ in the first place! You will, of course, still need access to an enclosed, private space.
I sprayed it on my palms and massaged my skin gently, and then wiped it off with a clean towel or tissue. You can also spray it directly on your body, and then wipe it off.
Clensta’s shampoo is so much better than the alcohol-based dry shampoo sprays available in the market. Pour a coin-size amount of the gel on your palms, rub them together and apply to your scalp and hair. Massage gently, pat dry with a towel, and say hello to clean hair!
What is unique about Clensta?
- The products contain 0% alcohol, SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), gluten & paraben.
- They come in handy bottles that you can carry in places of extreme temperatures or water scarcity.
- Both the body bath and shampoo are perfect for travellers and people with restricted mobility.
- The body bath and shampoo are dermatologically tested and also patent protected in 152 countries!
- They remove body odour, pollutants and dirt from your skin, making you feel fresh and clean. All with 0 litres of water!
- They have a natural pH balancing properties and do not dry your skin.
- 100ml of this solution can save up to 350 litres of water.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)