Fenugreek seeds are extremely beneficial for your hair, skin and digestive system. In fact, fenugreek seeds can enhance your beauty and health regime in a completely sustainable manner, without you having to empty your wallets.
The important point to note here is that the seeds MUST be organic. Otherwise, what’s the point of going for a chemical-free regime, right?
Disclaimer: Do a skin patch test before you use the seeds and check for any allergies.
1. Exfoliate and moisturise your skin:
To use fenugreek seeds as a facial scrub, soak them overnight and blend them into a paste the next day. Gently rub the paste on your face, leave it on for 20 minutes and wash away.
If you have dry skin and wish to moisturise your skin, add some curd and organic honey to the process. Blend 2 parts soaked fenugreek seeds with 1 part curd and ½ part honey. Rub the mixture on your face in a circular motion. Leave for 20 minutes and wash with a chemical-free face wash.
2. Battle dandruff and hair loss:
You will need ½ a cup of soaked fenugreek seeds, 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and a few drops of rosemary oil (grab these ingredients here). Blend all these ingredients and apply the hair mask. Start at your scalp and go towards the tips. Keep it on for 30 minutes and wash with a chemical-free shampoo.
3. Menstrual cramps? Have a glass of fenugreek!
The lysine and tryptophan-rich proteins in fenugreek seeds help you survive period pain. Soak 2-3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water for about 12 hours and drink the water. (You can use the soaked seeds for a home hair spa!)
4. Say goodbye to dark circles:
Fenugreek is rich in vitamin K and C, both of which may help you combat dark circles (these are the REAL vicious circles, tbh). Soak the seeds overnight and blend them with raw milk the next day. Wash your face to get rid of dirt and apply this paste on the affected area. Let it dry and then wash again with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a week.
5. Help your digestive system by adding the seeds to your diet:
Fenugreek is known to improve your digestion, lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. There are various ways to include leaves, sprouts or seeds in your diet. Depending on the amount of fenugreek you need, here’s what you can try:
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a glass of water overnight and cover it with a cotton cloth. Drink the water the next day. Repeat at least twice a week.
- Add dishes like fenugreek leaf vegetables or parathas in your diet.
- Sprout soaked fenugreek seeds by keeping them in a jar covered with a cotton cloth. Keep them for a few days until you see tiny shoots on the leaves. Add the sprouts to your salad.
(Edited by Vinayak Hegde)