How well do you know about the origins of those vegetables you cook daily? I bet not many would be able to answer this question with a resounding, ‘I do’. Finding chemical-free fruits and veggies in the market is a difficult task especially in big cities like Mumbai. No wonder then more and more people are opting for self-farming.
Attend this one-day Hydroponics workshop in Mumbai! Click on this link to get more details and book your seat.
With space being an issue in Mumbai, sustainable agriculture like hydroponics is the perfect solution. And city-based Techxellance teaches you how to set up your Hydroponics farm.
And Mumbaikars are in luck! On 21 and 22 September, Techxellence is holding one-day workshops about hydroponics in the city. The co-founder of Techxellence, Rahul Mhaskar, and the core team members – Sameer Pokle, Prasanna Sinnarkar and Akash Parekh will teach you all about the sustainable agriculture method.
Rahul shares with The Better India the idea behind starting this project. “Our core aim is to provide residue-free produce to consumers. Farming communities are affected by natural calamities, and the land itself is adversely affected by both climate change and human activities like spraying of harmful chemicals. The quality of food is thus spiralling down. Hydroponics provides guaranteed quality vegetables and fruits,” he says.
Here’s what you can expect from the workshop:
- An introduction to hydroponics and how it is an easy way to start farming at home.
- You will also learn a DIY course on setting up a hydroponics farm in your house. This will also include a rough outline of how much space and how many plants one needs to satisfy the food needs of all house members. For instance, a family of three will require about 30 plants grown in a 15-square-feet area.
- You will also get to see how vast spaces are not always necessary to grow a farm. This workshop is set to focus only on edibles. But whether you want to grow only strawberries or a variety of vegetables, Rahul and Akash will provide adequate guidance.
- You will also be shown how a hydroponics farm can be grown in a commercial state.
- Techxellance will provide you with a kit to kickstart your hydroponics farm at your home. The kit is a stand-alone Deep Water Culture system which comes with germination media, net cup, grow media, nutrients, air pump & seeds to grow leafy plant/herbs at home hydroponically.
“We will explain why we need to adopt modern ways of agriculture in the current scenario. Our technology is advancing, and so, growing food must not be left behind. Not only do we as a society, need to grow sufficient food, but we also need to grow good quality food,” Akash shares.
(Edited by Saiqua Sultan)