Do you bank with the State Bank of India? If you do, then you need to read this to ensure that your net banking and online banking services remain uninterrupted.
Those who have not complied with this by November 30 will not be able to access their net banking services via the SBI app or the website.
Although the account will remain operational even if you do not complete the linking, the net banking access will be curtailed.
According to an official release, “As per RBI advisory, it is mandatory to register your mobile number to avail internet banking services. Please register your mobile number by 30.11.2018, failing which, your internet banking access will be deactivated/blocked w.e.f from 01.12.2018.”
Here’s how you can check if your mobile number is linked to your account:
– Log on to www.onlinesbi.com and enter your login details (username and password)
– Once you have successfully logged into your account, go to ‘My Accounts’ and then the Profile tab
– Now, click on Profile and go to Personal Details/Mobile
– Once here, you will be asked to enter your profile password. Please note that profile password is different from your account password. It is an extra layer of security given by the bank to your accounts.
– Your registered phone number will be displayed on the screen. If your number is not registered, you will have to visit your nearest bank to add it and get it registered.
Earlier this month, the bank had also announced a slew of changes to their ATM cards. This was done in light of the fraudulent ATM transactions that have been taking place.
You can read all about those changes here.
(Edited by Shruti Singhal)
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.