Delhi's Shellios has come up with a revolutionary helmet that will change biking in India.
Our cities are definitely not getting cleaner. Take Delhi’s case last year when residents of the capital were positively reeling under the constant threat of breathing polluted air. Well, who else would know the harmful effects of air pollution but daily commuters, and especially bikers, who have to face those conditions day in and day out and have little to no protection from dust and other pollutants.
Well, Shellios, a Delhi-based startup is all set to help bikers by making their lives easier and keeping them safe at the same time, reports The Quint. The company has built a unique helmet with smart capabilities and has managed to fit an air purifier on top of it to help bikers breathe fresh air even when being surrounded by pollution.
IAS Coaching Centre Fined Rs 5 Lakh for Misleading Ads With Toppers: Red Flags You Should Check For
Searching for the best UPSC coaching institute? The Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) has just imposed a fine of Rs 5 Lakh on Khan Study Group (KSG) for misleading ads with IAS toppers.Read more >
Here are some interesting features of the helmet:
1) It has an air purifier on its back, and picks up all smoke coming from outside. The purifier’s mechanism cleans the air that enters so that the biker can breathe fresh air.
2) The cleaning unit itself is battery-operated and carries a 2600 mAh unit that can be charged via a micro-USB port on the helmet.
3) It will be sold by generic brands who can rely on the technology to attract 2-wheeler enthusiasts from across the nation. The helmet also gets a range of smart features via Bluetooth, that can be paired with a mobile app.
4) The app allows the rider to track how dirty the helmet is, and when it requires cleaning.
5) The leather padding and protective layers of the helmet are detachable.
6) The helmet follows all the standards kept by the government, is around 1.6 kg in weight.
According to the publication, the CEO of Shellios has confirmed that the helmet will be available in the Indian Market by mid-November./
Well, this air-purifying helmet is definitely a masterstroke in a city that has been reeling under air pollution. Also, since India is primarily a 2-wheeler market, bikers can heave a sigh of relief, knowing that they’re taken care of.
The Better India Among Top 4 Finalists for Prestigious Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2023
The Better India has been selected as one of the four finalists of the prestigious ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year’ India Award for 2023, launched by Swiss non-profit Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, in partnership with Jubilant Bhartia Foundation.Read more >
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)
Tell Us More
Want to Play a Role in Shaping India’s Climate Laws & Policies? Here’s a One-Stop Guide
Civis, a platform that enables citizens to participate in public consultations in the domain of environment and policy has released Climate Voices. This is a handbook and guide for Indians to participate in environmental law-making and play an active role in shaping our climate policies.Read more >