Our cities are definitely not getting cleaner. Take Delhi’s case last year when residents of the capital were positively reeling under the constant threat of breathing polluted air. Well, who else would know the harmful effects of air pollution but daily commuters, and especially bikers, who have to face those conditions day in and day out and have little to no protection from dust and other pollutants.
Well, Shellios, a Delhi-based startup is all set to help bikers by making their lives easier and keeping them safe at the same time, reports The Quint. The company has built a unique helmet with smart capabilities and has managed to fit an air purifier on top of it to help bikers breathe fresh air even when being surrounded by pollution.
Here are some interesting features of the helmet:
1) It has an air purifier on its back, and picks up all smoke coming from outside. The purifier’s mechanism cleans the air that enters so that the biker can breathe fresh air.
2) The cleaning unit itself is battery-operated and carries a 2600 mAh unit that can be charged via a micro-USB port on the helmet.
3) It will be sold by generic brands who can rely on the technology to attract 2-wheeler enthusiasts from across the nation. The helmet also gets a range of smart features via Bluetooth, that can be paired with a mobile app.
4) The app allows the rider to track how dirty the helmet is, and when it requires cleaning.
5) The leather padding and protective layers of the helmet are detachable.
6) The helmet follows all the standards kept by the government, is around 1.6 kg in weight.
According to the publication, the CEO of Shellios has confirmed that the helmet will be available in the Indian Market by mid-November./
Well, this air-purifying helmet is definitely a masterstroke in a city that has been reeling under air pollution. Also, since India is primarily a 2-wheeler market, bikers can heave a sigh of relief, knowing that they’re taken care of.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)
Support the voice of unsung heroes and extra-ordinary citizens
We believe that It is essential for a country like ours to have a voice that celebrates unsung heroes, gives a platform for change makers, inspires millions of people. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time.
While we do have advertising revenues, they aren’t enough to cover the costs of bringing all these stories to you. So, if you believe in us and a better India, and want this positive news movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the above buttons.