With an estimated loss of about Rs 19,512 crore from infrastructure to resources, Kerala has been reeling from what has been termed as the worst floods to hit the coastal state. With losses increasing each day, relief funds, aids and resources are being sent from all across the nation.
Here’s how other states helped God’s Own Country:
1) Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced aid of Rs 10 crore and also said that one month’s salaries of all MLAs and MPs from the Aam Aadmi Party would be given to the state. Congress MPs and MLAs have also followed suit and pledged to donate their a month’s salaries.
2) Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced additional aid of Rs 5 crore, adding to the earlier sanctioned Rs 5 crore – along with 245 fire personnel with boats.
3) IAS officers from Tamil Nadu have pledged a day’s salaries towards the flood relief in Kerala. In addition, Tamil Nadu is also sending 500 tonnes of rice, 300 tonnes of milk powder and 15,000 litres of milk, among other relief materials.
4) Other neighbouring states like Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka have each given Rs 10 crore for relief aid. And Union Territory Puducherry provided Rs 1 crore in funds. Gujarat, Punjab, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal have donated Rs 10 crore each. Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand have provided Rs 5 crore each; Chhattisgarh gave Rs 3 crore and Manipur Rs 2 crore.
5) Rajasthan, along with Rs 10 crore, is providing a 27-member team from the State Disaster Relief Force with 12 boats to help Kerala in rescue operations.
GiveIndia and The Better India have come together to help Rebuild Kerala by supporting 41,000 affected families. You too can be a part of this movement and help us raise funds for the NGOs working to rehabilitate these families. If all of us come together with a small monthly contribution, we can make a real and meaningful difference in helping restore normalcy to those who need our help the most.
Unable to view the above button? Click here
6) Maharashtra has provided a fund of Rs 20 crore along with food packets worth Rs 1.5 crore and 11 tonnes of dry food. Along with that, Maharashtra’s medical team is setting up relief efforts in three cities– Ernakulam,Pathanamthitta & Thrissur.
7) Telangana provided Rs 25 crore along with a Reverse Osmosis machines worth Rs 2.5 crore to create clean drinking water.
Along with all these states, famous personalities like Kamal Hassan, Vijay, Anupama Parameswaran and Siddharth also made contributions. Private citizens and citizen groups have rallied together to collect funds and resources, helping out the affected on the ground.
Log on to official website of the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund for more details on appropriate contributions to the relief efforts.
While no amount of aid will compensate for the lives lost, we hope that these contributions will support Kerala and her people to recover from the crisis.
(Edited by Shruti Singhal)
Hey, you may also like: #KeralaFloods: Man Dives Into Raging River, Risks Life To Set Up Crucial Supply Line!
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.