Once you have checked all details, proceed to make the payment. If you are an applicant having an address within India, the application fee will be Rs 110, and for those applicants whose address is outside India, the fee is Rs 1,020.
I find the task of filling out official forms most daunting. One mistake and it stays there for posterity. However, if you have made an error filling out your PAN card form, fret not, you can make amends by doing the following.
In this article, we explain how you can correct the mistake(s) made in your PAN card.
Making amends online
1. If you wish to make the changes online, then you need to visit the official website by clicking here. Once done, click on ‘Application Type’ and select ‘Changes or Correction in Existing PAN card’ from the drop-down menu.
2. You will be redirected to the relevant page after you have filled out all the details.
3. A token number will be generated for your correction application request. The same will be e-mailed to you.
4. Check the ‘Submit scanned images through e-Sign’ option on the top of the page, and mention the PAN card details you wish to get corrected, under it.
5. Proceed to fill out all the required details in the form carefully this time.
6. After filling all your details, click on ‘next’. You will need to upload your proof of age, residence, and identity.
7. Do ensure that you carefully read through all the details and preview it once before saving details.
8. Once you have checked all details, proceed to make the payment. If you are an applicant having an address within India, the application fee will be Rs 110, and for those applicants whose address is outside India, the fee is Rs 1,020.
9. You can make a payment via debit/credit cards, net banking, and demand drafts. In case you choose to get a DD made, it must be in the name of ‘NSDL-PAN’ and should be payable in Mumbai.
In case you wish to make corrections offline, then the process is as follows:
1. Download the application form online, and fill out all the required details. You can do so by clicking here.
2. Once done, you will be required to submit it to the nearest NSDL collection centre.
3. You will also be required to file a letter with the Jurisdiction Assessing Officer.
Important points to remember:
• The duly signed acknowledgement with required documents should reach the NSDL within 15 days of submitting the online form.
• PAN correction form is used for multiple purposes, i.e. to make a correction in PAN, in the reissuance of PAN without correction and to surrender additional PAN, so ensure that you choose the right box.
• Do take some time and review the form carefully before submitting. A mistake could land you in more trouble.
(Edited by Shruti Singhal)