IRCTC has made it lucrative to book Railway tickets for round trips and those who do can avail special fare discounts.
Planning to go somewhere during the next long weekend? Well, according to this NDTV report, booking a round-trip makes sense because you’ll get the ticket and that too at a reasonable rate, thanks to circular journey tickets—a new facility introduced by IRCTC —which can be purchased for all booking classes.
By booking circular tickets, you will save time, and avoid the repeat effort of booking the ticket for each leg of the journey.
The Indian Railways offers tourists the facility of booking standard circular journey tickets that cover popular destinations, for their convenience. As a passenger, here are five things you should know.
1. A circular journey ticket is charged as two single journeys, where the length of every single journey is calculated as half the total distance.
2. Approach the Divisional Commercial Manager (DCM) of the journey commencement station, once your itinerary is finalised. The DCM or the station authorities will calculate the ticket-cost based on your itinerary, and inform the Station Manager.
3. Purchase circular journey tickets by presenting this form at the Booking Office of the journey-commencement station. After purchasing the circular journey ticket, approach the Reservation Office to reserve accommodation for various laps of your journey. You will then receive the reserved ticket for the journey.
4. The Southern Railways only issue non-standard circular journey tickets.
You may also like:-Alert Train Passenger’s Tweet Saves 26 Underage Girls From Being Trafficked!
5. Male and female senior citizens get a 40% and 50% concession on fares, respectively, when travelling a minimum distance of 1000 kms.
So, the next time you travel, ensure you save time and benefit from the reduced rates of these circular journey tickets, courtesy IRCTC.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)