Planning to go somewhere during the next long weekend? Well, according to this NDTV report, booking a round-trip makes sense because you’ll get the ticket and that too at a reasonable rate, thanks to circular journey tickets—a new facility introduced by IRCTC —which can be purchased for all booking classes.
By booking circular tickets, you will save time, and avoid the repeat effort of booking the ticket for each leg of the journey.
The Indian Railways offers tourists the facility of booking standard circular journey tickets that cover popular destinations, for their convenience. As a passenger, here are five things you should know.
1. A circular journey ticket is charged as two single journeys, where the length of every single journey is calculated as half the total distance.
2. Approach the Divisional Commercial Manager (DCM) of the journey commencement station, once your itinerary is finalised. The DCM or the station authorities will calculate the ticket-cost based on your itinerary, and inform the Station Manager.
#MGChangemakers - Episode 2: THE 21-YEAR JOURNEY OF CHANGE | Driving India Into Future
Live Now #MGChangemakers Episode 2 : Touched by poverty, untouchability and atrocities against Musahar- the Mahadalit community of Bihar, Padma Shri Sudha Varghese decided to dedicate her life for their upliftment. Watch the video to learn about her inspirational journey & how she is ‘Driving India Into The Future’. #MGChangemakers powered by MG Motor India and supported by United Nations India. Show your support by donating now: http://bit.ly/Milap-MGChangemakersPosted by TheBetterIndia on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
3. Purchase circular journey tickets by presenting this form at the Booking Office of the journey-commencement station. After purchasing the circular journey ticket, approach the Reservation Office to reserve accommodation for various laps of your journey. You will then receive the reserved ticket for the journey.
4. The Southern Railways only issue non-standard circular journey tickets.
You may also like:-Alert Train Passenger’s Tweet Saves 26 Underage Girls From Being Trafficked!
5. Male and female senior citizens get a 40% and 50% concession on fares, respectively, when travelling a minimum distance of 1000 kms.
So, the next time you travel, ensure you save time and benefit from the reduced rates of these circular journey tickets, courtesy IRCTC.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)