Delhi to Meerut in 60 Minutes: 10 Awesome Facts About This High-Speed Corridor!
The train is state-of-the-art, and is all set to make commuting a breeze between Delhi and Meerut.
Awaiting clearance from the Delhi government, the high-speed Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS), will cut the travel time between Delhi and Meerut by around 60 minutes, reports the Times of India. Yes, that’s right, 82 km will be covered in just an hour. And what’s more, you will be travelling in an aerodynamic train that will cradle you in business-class luxury. Women will have a reserved coach.
The RRTS project has received the nod from the Uttar Pradesh government and is being executed by the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC). Here are some features of the train:
1. It will start at Delhi’s Sarai Kale Khan, and stop at Meerut’s Modipuram, going via Ashok Nagar, Anand Vihar, Ghaziabad and Modinagar, with 24 stations in between, with three in Delhi.
IIT Madras Offers Free Online Course For Engineers: Here's How You Can Earn a Certificate
IIT Madras is offering a free online course for engineers on data science via the SWAYAM portal. Read on to know more about duration, syllabus and how to get a certificate.Read more >
2. It will have a designated speed of 180 kmph, but the average speed is touted to be around 100 kmph.
3. There will be six coaches in each train, with one business class coach, and one reserved for women.
4. It will have reverse seating, like an aircraft. The General coaches will have more space to stand, and the business class coach will provide a plush ride at a higher fee. The train doors will be flush-type to reduce pressure, like those of an aircraft. The fares of the different categories are yet to be decided.
5. The business class coach will offer many passenger-friendly amenities, like a bigger seating space. Business class passengers may also have a business lounge at the stations, with a separate enclosure or a lounge, with proper seating, and even facilities where the coach stops at the platform.
6. According to an NCRTC official, there are talks to provide free Wi-Fi on the train.
7. The trains will have the facilities of universal access, which means differently-abled people won’t have an issue embarking or disembarking.
8. The stations will have platform screen doors, and trains will be loaded with safety features for safety and stability at high speeds.
9. The Sarai Kale Khan station, the starting point of the Delhi-Meerut corridor will be a transit hub, with an existing inter-state bus terminal, the Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station, and the upcoming Delhi Metro station, on the Pink Line, which you can read about here.
10 Business class passengers also have dual-automated fare collection gates, with one gate for entry into the station’s paid area, and the other installed at the platform level-so passengers can enter a business-class coach. As a passenger, you can decide your class of travel at any time, using AFC gates.
IAS Coaching Centre Fined Rs 5 Lakh for Misleading Ads With Toppers: Red Flags You Should Check For
Searching for the best UPSC coaching institute? The Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) has just imposed a fine of Rs 5 Lakh on Khan Study Group (KSG) for misleading ads with IAS toppers.Read more >
Also, the corridor will be connected to the other RRTS corridors, the Delhi-Panipat line, and the Delhi-Alwar lines. All three will originate at the RRTS station that will come up at Sarai Kale Khan. In the words of the NCRTC official, all three RRTS corridors will be connected, so that a person coming from Meerut can change trains at Sarai Kale Khan, and proceed to Gurgaon, or Sonepat, as required.
The RRTS station can accommodate 12-coach trains with superior amenities is all set to change the way India travels on rails.
Like this story? Or have something to share? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
This story made me
Tell Us More
The Better India Among Top 4 Finalists for Prestigious Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2023
The Better India has been selected as one of the four finalists of the prestigious ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year’ India Award for 2023, launched by Swiss non-profit Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, in partnership with Jubilant Bhartia Foundation.Read more >