IRCTC aims to provide a smooth experience to returning, and first-time users by these features!
The Railways implements changes continuously, acting on feedback to improve the experience of passengers. The introduction of better linen, safer trains and POS machines, are cases in point.
This time, the Railways has implemented changes across its popular IRCTC booking portal—one that thousands of ticket-seekers visit, in the hope of a confirmed reservation.
The revamped e-ticketing website is passenger-convenience centric and has been optimised to make every step of the booking process more comfortable for you.
Here are eight new things about the website, that you should know!
1. Those of you who are first-time users, or do not have an ID or a password can check the trains and availability of seats! This is an advantage, for those who haven’t registered on the site, and allows them to check information, without having to create login details.
2. A new feature named ‘waitlist prediction’ is based on historical booking trends, and predicts the chance of a waitlisted or RAC ticket getting confirmed. Holiday-season ticket bookers are in luck since this is the time when the maximum amount of waitlisting and speculation happens.
3. Do you have a favourite bank whose cards you like to use? Mark as many as six banks as ‘preferred banks,’ under the ‘My Profile’ section. You can manage your payment options this way. After you make the payment, the details of your booking will also be displayed in a user-friendly manner.
4. Perform multiple activities through your booked history. Cancel, request an SMS copy, print your ticket, and change your boarding point if you want. Additionally, the ‘Vikalp’ scheme option, will allow you to select an alternative train as well! This newly-launched scheme allows you to choose alternatives, in case of waitlisted tickets, in different trains, even the specials.
5. There is a ‘separate card’ for each passenger, for each ticket booking. You can fill details, as is required, and pre-filled details will ensure a quick and smooth booking experience. You can also view tickets booked based on parameters like booking date, journey date, upcoming journey and completed journey.
6. Different filters have been provided, as per the departure/arrival time, class, train, and quota, that will help users plan a better journey. A user-friendly layout will allow for modification of journey details, search for other available dates, and provide fare break-ups as well.
7. The new website has been optimised to run seamlessly on mobiles, desktops, laptops, and tablets. The new user interface is seamless and will provide an excellent ticket-booking experience.
8. The website is clutter-free and aims to provide a smooth, glitch-free user experience. There will also be help links provided on all pages of the revamped IRCTC website so that you can be sure of assistance!
You may also like:–In Unique Project to Tap Natural Light, Sun Tubes Installed at Mumbai Central!
The above website changes seem to promise a great user experience and an efficient way for people to use their favourite booking portal.
(Edited by Gayatri Mishra)