Have you met an inspiring person or seen something extraordinary that you wanted to share with the world?
This diverse country of ours has a billion stories to tell–and you could be the one telling them! If there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s that there are so many sides to this incredible country of ours.
Everyone is a unique lens into this multi-coloured land. Let us be the platform that shares your stories with the rest of India.
It doesn’t matter if you’re not a professional shutterbug. All that matters is your story–the story of a better India.
Why a better India?
Well, we have all been victims of social media, scrolling past pictures of gruesome realities that show up on our feeds, day after day. All this gives us the sense that the world is going to tatters and nothing positive ever happens in India.
You have the power to change that–one picture and one story at a time. To make things easier for you, we have categorised these stories into four main sections-
Culture: Unique aspects of this multi-coloured land. Food, places, people, festivals. The more we see, the more we understand, and the more fascinating the world is.
Wildlife: These are the creatures who share our world. Our existence is intertwined with theirs.
Breaking Barriers: We are all human beings, and that’s what counts. If we are to come together to create a better India, we must transcend our differences. These are stories where human barriers have been broken, and people are living in harmony with nature & among themselves.
Social Impact: Every deed has implications, whether it’s a large-scale project or a random act of kindness. These are stories of impact, big and small. Everything is connected, and every act matters.
How can you contribute? It’s simple.
1. Open an account on Instagram- you know that photo-sharing app where your posts last for more than a few seconds.
2. Follow @thebetterindia– we have stories about social impact and awesome people from the past and present.
3. Upload a photo that tells a positive story in any of the four categories.
4. Be sure to add #PicTheBetterIndia (we are high on puns) and #TheBetterIndia
5. If we love the photo as much as you do, you’ll soon get a message from us. Keep checking your inbox!
6. After that, we will share your photo on @TheBetterIndia. We solemnly swear to give you credit and never use your photos anywhere but in relation to this project (unless you want us to).
Use your social media presence to promote a better India! Go figure!
(Edited by Shruti Singhal)