The Railways New Antyodaya Rake Is out, and It Is Paintless and Fully Loaded!
The Antyodaya rake boasts of useful amenities.
The Antyodaya Express is a long-distance, fully unreserved superfast train service, which operates on dense routes.
Well, the first rake of this train is here, and happens to be devoid of paint! The brand new, stainless steel coaches are incidentally of the LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) type. Read here, about how these superior coaches are improving the safety standards of the Indian Railways.
IIT Madras Offers Free Online Course For Engineers: Here's How You Can Earn a Certificate
IIT Madras is offering a free online course for engineers on data science via the SWAYAM portal. Read on to know more about duration, syllabus and how to get a certificate.Read more >
The rake comprises of 24 coaches, and having been handed over to the Southern Railway recently, the Antyodaya Express will be operated as a special train between Tambaram and Tirunelveli.
The new rake happens to be state-of-the-art and is fitted with various useful amenities. Unlike any of the present rakes the Railways uses, this promises a superior and comfortable passenger experience!
Here are some of the features of the coaches, as explained by officials from the Integrated Coach Factory:
1) Made of duplex stainless steel that have a thickness of 2 mm, the coaches have corrugated sidewalls.
2) The coaches are paintless and have hydrophobic anti-graphic stickers.
3) The coaches have cushioned seats, a luggage rack, two chargers per bay, two water dispensers per coach, additional dustbins, and fire extinguishers.
4) The roof is coated with heat resistant paint.
5) The coaches will be feasible for visually-impaired persons to travel, as they have braille signage.
6) LED lights have been used in the interiors.
7) The toilets have bio-retention tanks, a good flushing and exhaust system and have toilet occupation indication boards.
The rake has been manufactured keeping aesthetics and passenger comfort in mind. Passengers can even walk from one end to the other, through the vestibule.
IAS Coaching Centre Fined Rs 5 Lakh for Misleading Ads With Toppers: Red Flags You Should Check For
Searching for the best UPSC coaching institute? The Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) has just imposed a fine of Rs 5 Lakh on Khan Study Group (KSG) for misleading ads with IAS toppers.Read more >
The Antyodaya Express is ready to spring into action, and the problems that unreserved travellers face will soon come to an end!
Like this story? Or have something to share? Write to us: email@example.com, or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
This story made me
Tell Us More
The Better India Among Top 4 Finalists for Prestigious Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2023
The Better India has been selected as one of the four finalists of the prestigious ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year’ India Award for 2023, launched by Swiss non-profit Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, in partnership with Jubilant Bhartia Foundation.Read more >