The Indian Railways has always been serious about feedback. For example, based on the feedback they received over a period of time, they installed POS machines on trains, so that passengers could get a bill and stop complaining about overcharging. Read more about it here.
This is not the only instance. Be it the introduction of separate ladies compartments, or other vital amenities; the national transporter has continually tried to improve its services.
Well, the Railways is once again inviting you to present a viable solution to any issues you might have faced while taking a train. Stop being an armchair activist, cease the grumbling, and work on a solution.
The best part is, if you win, you get paid for it. Rs 10 lakhs, to be exact.
Titled ‘How to Raise Money for Railways to Provide Better Services,’ the competition guidelines invite contestants to send practical ways to raise money to help the Railways improve services, and good ideas stand to get huge cash prizes:
1) Rs 10 lakh for the winner
2) Rs 5 lakh for the runner-up
3) Rs 3 lakh for the second runner-up
4) Rs 1 lakh for 4th place.
Here’s the background for the idea. The Railways Ministry says the gross revenue of the Railways was Rs 1,65,292 crores while working expenses totalled Rs 1.59 lakh crore. The Railways revenue has been stagnant for the past four years, but working expenses have been rising, thus affecting service quality.
So, this is how you can win Rs 10 lakh, courtesy the Railways.
1) Visit here and click the “click to participate” button. You will be taken to a landing page featuring the registration form with various fields.
2) Fill the registration form and entry submission form, taking care to make sure the latter adheres to the guidelines mentioned in the same.
3) Submit the required forms, and await your confirmation mail. If you have questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) You will need to provide an idea for improving the Indian Railways revenue, in a maximum of 1000 words, with a 250 word abstract for the same. Make sure any attachments don’t exceed 8 MB. You will also need to submit a value proposition to customers and relevance of the concept in improving customer experience, in around 150 words. Next is a 250-word write-up in compliance with the boundary conditions. The originality of the idea must be written in 150 words. The cost-effectiveness of the project will span 200 words, with constraints taking up another 150 words.
This competition is open to individuals and companies/institutions.
Submit all the required information by 6:00 p.m., on 19th May.
Hindi/English can be used.
Here are the various parameters, and how they affect total score:- The viability of project:- 30%
Revenue potential:- 20%
Customer Convenience:- 10%
Compliance with boundary conditions:- 10%
Detail orientation:- 5%
Quality of presentation:- 5%
You may also like:- Indian Railways Is Now Set for a Complete Digital Revamp. Here’s What It Means.
So, if you have something you’d like to suggest, and you think it might work, do send your idea to the Railways and walk home with the Rs 10 lakh grand prize!