The 100-strong group comprises Group C and D category employees, with preference given to employees from lower cadres and those nearing retirement.
Everyone loves a good vacation. After all, what could be better than an overseas trip where you get to see a whole new world and experience different cultures and cuisines!
In a first, Indian Railways is making this wish come true for 100 of its employees through a non-working foreign tour to Singapore and Malaysia!
‘My Body Is My Business’: Nimrat Kaur’s Hard-Hitting Message on Weight-Shaming
Trolled for gaining 15 kgs for the role of Bimla Devi in Dasvi, Nimrat Kaur shared her experience and learnings in a powerful message that is going viral on Instagram.Read more >
But what makes the initiative worth commendation is the fact that the tourist group does not comprise senior officers or the ones in prominent positions.
Instead, it largely features those engaged in thankless positions.
Gangmen, trackmen and non-gazetted employees of the Secunderabad-based South Central Railway are part of the first-of-its-kind ‘Employees Overseas Camp’ by Indian Railways, and will be holidaying in Singapore and Malaysia for six days starting January 28!
According to M. Umashankar Kumar, SCR chief public relations officer, 75 per cent of the trip expenditure is funded through Staff Benefit Fund (SBF), while the employees are bearing the remaining 25 per cent.
“The 100-strong group comprises Group C and D category employees, with preference given to employees from lower cadres and those nearing retirement. Allocation of slots for each Division, Workshop and Headquarters was given on the basis of their sanctioned strength,” he said in a statement.
He also mentioned that the regional railway zone is taking the lead in providing its non-gazetted workforce with due consideration that they deserve through optimised welfare activities.
You may also like: Attention Railway Job Seekers! Recruitment Processes May Soon Be Sped Up!
It was in December last year when SCR had put across the tour proposal, and within a month, the plan successfully materialised with 100 employees signing up for the trip.
Under the trip itinerary, these folks will be visiting prominent tourist sites like Universal Studios, Sentosa Island and Night Safari in Singapore, while in Malaysia, they will be touring around Kuala Lumpur, Batu Caves and Genting Highlands.
The SBF is a welfare provision by Railway Board that aims to financially aid non-gazetted employees working in the national organisation through scholarships for their children and other socially applicable causes.
Ecom Platforms Fined Rs 1 Lakh for Selling Pressure Cookers. Here's Why
Buying pressure cookers online? Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) has imposed fine of Rs 1 lakh each on Paytm Mall and Snapdeal for selling non-standard pressure cookers.Read more >
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
Tell Us More
Once A Construction Worker, This Indian Was Part Of Professor’s Crew In Money Heist
Remember the hacker Shakir, who guides the Professor and his crew during their mission inside the Bank of Spain in Money Heist Season 5? The role is played by Ajay Jethi, who started out as a construction worker in Barcelona.Read more >