Attention Railway lovers! The Indian Railways has uncovered the first look of Rajdhani’s much-awaited newly refurbished ‘Swarna’ coaches today. And it is your idea of a leisure train journey come true!
From an ‘auto janitor’ system in toilets to LED lighting to guide you, the Railways has successfully embarked on its journey to revamp the age-old cranky and damaged coaches of all trains, beginning with premium trains.
These all-new Swarna coaches which were launched first as part of the Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, have been upgraded at the cost of ₹ 35 lakh.
Here’s a look at the distinct and eye-catching features:
1) The interiors have been entirely painted with a new scheme, which is aesthetic and soothing to the eye.
2) LED lighting has been installed to improve illumination.
3) An all-new ‘auto janitor’ system has been installed in toilets.
4) Shiny faucets grace stainless steel washbasins which now also include improved soap dispensers.
5) Better quality dustbins have been placed beneath the washbasins for easy access.
6) The Railways has also installed night signage to facilitate easy identification of berths during odd hours.
7) Passengers travelling in First AC compartments will get to use ergonomically designed built-in ladders to climb upper berths. For additional security purposes and to tackle suspicious activity in the coaches, CCTV cameras have been installed in doorway areas and aisles.
In addition to all the above facilities, the refurbished trains also come with newly-designed bags with extra pockets for holding mobiles, mirrors with LED lighting, vinyl-wrapped toilet doors, epoxy-coated toilets, and polished commodes and basins to tackle odour.
Operation ‘Swarna’ will soon be extended to three other trains of Howrah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, and two trains of Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani and the Howrah-Ranchi Shatabdi Express, reported the Economic Times.
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.