For the second year in a row, Singapore goes all out to make the festival of lights a memorable one for its commuters! Kickstarting the festive season on an awe-inspiring note, Singapore’s Land Transport Authority brought back its Deepavali-themed trains and buses once again and had its large Indian community in raptures.
Decked with stunning rangoli designs, majestic elephants for luck and traditional Indian motifs, these buses and trains will run until the end of October.
While the trains will run along the North East Line (#NEL) and Downtown Line (#DTL), the five Deepavali-themed buses include Services 23, 56, 65, 147 and 166.
This move by the popular Mass Rapid Transit, managed by Land Transport Authority (LTR), the statutory board under the Ministry of Transport of Government of Singapore, won hearts yet again, promoting harmony among diverse cultures.
From stunning street lighting to a complete makeover of the popular Little India station, its Facebook posts were a sheer delight!
Lo behold, a visual treat that will brighten up your Diwali a tad bit more:
1. Lighting the street up, this Deepavali!
2. The Deepavali trains launched by LTA in collaboration with the Little India Shopkeepers and Heritage Association (LISHA) and SBS Transit Ltd.
3. Deck the floor with traditional rangolis!
4. Look, the majestic elephants on board!
5. Who wants to get aboard this fancy Diwali-themed bus?
6. Majestic on the outside, oh wait, inside too!
7. Don’t forget to bid it goodbye once you reach the destination
8. Truly, A little India
9. Shubh Deepavali!
Like this story? Or have something to share?
Write to us: email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
NEW: Click here to get positive news on WhatsApp!
We at The Better India want to showcase everything that is working in this country. By using the power of constructive journalism, we want to change India – one story at a time. If you read us, like us and want this positive movement to grow, then do consider supporting us via the following buttons.
Please read these FAQs before contributing.