The Indian Railways announced the launch of five new trains on different routes last weekend, that will benefit thousands of commuters from UP, Odisha, Bihar, Punjab, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Jammu & Kashmir.
These new trains were flagged off by Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu, and Minister of State for Railways, Manoj Sinha.
With the launch of these five trains, the Railways has also extended one route and increased the frequency of two trains from last weekend.
Here’s all you need to know about the newly launched trains:
1. Bi-weekly 22165/22166 Bhopal – Singrauli Express operational from August 12
2. Weekly 22167/22168 Singrauli – H. Nizamuddin Express from August 12
3. Weekly 22913/22914 Bandra Terminus – Patna Humsafar Express from August 13
4. Weekly train 22921/22922 Bandra Terminus – Gorakhpur Antyodaya Express from August 13
5. Bi-weekly train 22434/22433 Anand Vihar Terminus to Ghazipur via Kanpur, Allahabad from August 13
The following train route has been extended:
Daily train 18109/18110 Jammu Tawi-Rourkela Express has been extended up to Sambalpur starting August 12.
The frequency of the following trains have been increased:
The 22419/22420 Ghazipur City-Anand Vihar (T) Suhail Dev Express has been frequented from its prior tri-weekly schedule to four days a week.
The 19041/19042 Bandra (T )- Ghazipur City Express, which ran once a week, will now run twice a week.