Who are the Nobel Prize winners of India?
We usually struggle to come up with all the names (and the right ones!). Here is a visual timeline that will help you answer that question correctly:
And in case you are interested to know more about each of them, here are the links:
- Nobel Prize in Literature: Rabindranath Tagore in 1913. He was also the first Asian to win the prize.
- Nobel Prize in Physics: C. V. Raman in 1930.
- Nobel Prize in Medicine: Har Gobind Khorana in 1968 (US citizen of Indian origin)
- Nobel Peace Prize: Mother Teresa of Calcutta in 1979 (Indian citizen of Albanian origin)
- Nobel Prize in Physics: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar in 1983 (US citizen of Indian origin)
- Nobel Prize in Economics: Amartya Sen in 1998
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry: Venkatraman Ramakrishnan in 2009 (USA citizen of Indian origin)
- Nobel Peace Prize: Kailash Satyarthi in 2014