This visual timeline shows you the Nobel Prize winners of India, the year they won it, and the category in which they won the award.
Who are the Nobel Prize winners of India?
We usually struggle to come up with all the names (and the right ones!). Here is a visual timeline that will help you answer that question correctly:
And in case you are interested to know more about each of them, here are the links:
- Nobel Prize in Literature: Rabindranath Tagore in 1913. He was also the first Asian to win the prize.
- Nobel Prize in Physics: C. V. Raman in 1930.
- Nobel Prize in Medicine: Har Gobind Khorana in 1968 (US citizen of Indian origin)
- Nobel Peace Prize: Mother Teresa of Calcutta in 1979 (Indian citizen of Albanian origin)
- Nobel Prize in Physics: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar in 1983 (US citizen of Indian origin)
- Nobel Prize in Economics: Amartya Sen in 1998
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry: Venkatraman Ramakrishnan in 2009 (USA citizen of Indian origin)
- Nobel Peace Prize: Kailash Satyarthi in 2014