Here are 13 interesting and lesser known facts about our very own Reserve Bank of India, that you might not be aware of.
It regulates the entire banking system of the nation, has the job of ensuring monetary stability for us, is responsible for printing our currency notes, operates the country’s credit and currency system, and does a lot more from its position at the top of the banking system pyramid. The Reserve Bank of India, is thus, at the centre of it all. But you probably already knew all of this. What you most likely do not know are these 13 lesser discussed, and quite interesting facts about the RBI. Dig in to be the next RBI knowledge expert (only if something like this exists, of course).
1. The RBI logo was inspired from the East India Company Double Mohur.
3. Thefinancial year of RBI is from 1 July to 30 June.
4. RBI is responsible only for printing the currency notes. Minting of coins is done by the Government of India.
5. The first woman to become the deputy governor of RBI is K. J. Udeshi. She was appointed in 2003.
7. RBI was also the central bank for two other countries. It played the role of Central Bank of Pakistan till June 1948 and the Central Bank of Burma ( Myanmar) till April 1947.
Like Us To Get Positive Stories On Facebook
8. The bank was established on the recommendation of the Hilton Young Commission.
9. RBI does not have second class employees. It has
10. Manmohan Singh is the only Prime Minister to have also served as the Governor of RBI.
He was the Governor of RBI from 1982-1985.
11. Tthe position of the Governor of RBI was Mr. C.D. Deshmukh. He was the third governor of RBI.
In his tenure,He was, however, against the nationalization of banks.
12.in India which are mostly located in the state capitals.
13. RBI runs a Monetary Museum in the premises of the Mumbai head office.
Have any more interesting facts about our Central Bank? Mention in the comments below.